Apple Conditioner 101 needed

Gilmoregirl

Sep 9, 2013
Ok ladies... I've seen all of you post about Apple brand conditioner so I picked some up for my Flo bags. I got the conditioner and the Garde spray. Can you tell me the best method to apply? Thanks!

The way I do it is use a small towel or rag, put some conditioner on it and then rub it in the bag, starting at the bottom, front, back, sides. I reapply the conditioner on the same spot on the towel as needed. After everything is nice and dry, with a soft cloth you buff it out. Then you spray, nice and evenly. After 30 min, spray the second coat and you are done.
Always test on a small area, just to be on the safe side. I have conditioned the taupe, ocean blue and salmon color. No change in color, spray will darken it but it will disappear right away as it dries. Conditioning will make the bag patina faster.

Hope this helps.

The way I do it is use a small towel or rag, put some conditioner on it and then rub it in the bag, starting at the bottom, front, back, sides. I reapply the conditioner on the same spot on the towel as needed. After everything is nice and dry, with a soft cloth you buff it out. Then you spray, nice and evenly. After 30 min, spray the second coat and you are done.
Always test on a small area, just to be on the safe side.

+1

Love my Apple Conditioner and Guard. This is exactly how I use them.

I also keep extra Guard on hand because I go through those a lot faster than a bottle of the conditioner. And I don't want to run out of the spray part way through an application.

You should take before and after pics! It would be a big help to us Florentine owners still too chicken to put anything on our bags. :hrmm:

Ok I will lol it'll especially help you since I'll be doing my Pink Stanwich :smile: lol she's the one I worry the most about. I'll try to do it tomorrow, it'll be a sunny day so I should be able to get good pics!

Ok I will lol it'll especially help you since I'll be doing my Pink Stanwich :smile: lol she's the one I worry the most about. I'll try to do it tomorrow, it'll be a sunny day so I should be able to get good pics!

Since it is such a bright lighter color, definitely try a patch test, just to be sure. Apple is made for this type of leather and it didnt change my salmon for example and salmon is also bright and light color.

Here are my pics of a Florentine leather wristlet in Chestnut. The variations in color were minimal...maybe slightly darker with conditioner/Apple Garde but I almost attribute that to the shine the leather got. Florentine leather feels a little dry to me at first so I preferred to give it a little condition before taking it out.

Pic of untreated, after conditioning, and after Apple Garde/sitting outside for a few hours.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400456583.296393.jpg

Reactions: christinemliu
Here are my pics of a Florentine leather wristlet in Chestnut. The variations in color were minimal...maybe slightly darker with conditioner/Apple Garde but I almost attribute that to the shine the leather got. Florentine leather feels a little dry to me at first so I preferred to give it a little condition before taking it out.

Pic of untreated, after conditioning, and after Apple Garde/sitting outside for a few hours.
View attachment 2621499

Ooohh, I love the after looks. I see the slight change but it's a good richer change. The leather looks healthier. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 2621499

Looks great. I agree about florentine leather looking dry. I have conditioned all of my Flo bags right after getting them and I like the results.

I sprayed my Flo with Apple rain and stain but not the conditioner. How often does it need to be repeated to insure my bag doesn't get water stains?

I think every couple of months if you are wearing the bag often, should be enough. Leather can also have build up, just like our hair, for example, so too much conditioning, oiling, spraying, could make it tacky, therefor more prone to getting dirty.
Every couple of months to six months if you dont wear it often.