Apparently I can't resist really really really dark chocolate...

Gina,
It sounds like your good relationships that probably took a lot of time and patience to build have really paid off. You scored a beautiful bag and a great story. Thanks for sharing.

I did a bit more people-watching from the chair underneath the stairs.

You can tell a lot from body language and tone of voice, and it's interesting to see the SAs' reactions.
I love doing that too!! :roflmfao:

:yahoo: CONGRATULATIONS, Gina! :yahoo:

It's truly beautiful especially with gold HW. I can understand why my DH :heart: Chocolate & Ebene now.

Congratulations on such a stunning Birkin, gina! The Ebene Evergrain w/ GH is a beautiful combination, :love: :heart:. I recently saw our SoCal's Evergrain Birkin which was my first real life interaction with evergrain and I was blown away by its beauty. I have thought about nearly nothing else since then -- what a fantastic leather!! And thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us:smile: . Enjoy your lovely new piece, it is a great addition to your already beautiful collection.

OMG OMG OMG, gina b!!!! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! This bag was sooo meant to be yours!!! So funny how things work out for the best, no??? I love your adventures at FSH and can't wait for more pics of you and this beautiful baby!!!:drinkup:

Oh Gina - how I do love your posts. Your stories have me feeling like I were there. I think you have chosen a magnificent bag... or indeed it has chosen you.

Many congratulations on this lovely, new bag:drinkup:

Oh Gina, you were so right to post this story. That bag is beautiful and it's a shame I only got a very brief look at it in real life. It's true that SAs react differently to people and attitudes.

They dislike people going "I wanna see that one" when the bag is being shown to someone else already... it just isn't done.
It happened to me once (was looking at a bag SA and I knew I wasn't going to get) and a man said he wanted to see that one, pointing excitedly at the bag, really insistently and not all that nicely.

My SA and his SA shared what I can only describe as a Look and both said "I am sorry, it's sold to the lady".

Thank you so much, Whispa, Quinn's Mom (Love the new baby pic, btw!!), hello, mizzle, Cobalt, Nola, sellmysoul, WingNut, GUUCIhoochie, chaneljewel, Millstream, clink, mrss, missm, xquisite, AuthenticLux, bagdizzy, princessfrog, ms.fashionista, lovehermes, PGN, MORGANNG, jehaga, TammyD, my peko, lulilu, Serenity, pampered1, Queenie, MrsM, Moviegirl, hermes_lemming, Handybags, birkingal, milloo, and Perja!!

I've seen rudeness as well at my H store and it always makes me so mad! It sounds like you really deserve this beauty!

It shocks me, too, sometimes, how awful people can be to SAs, as if they're no more than servants. I don't know where that sense of entitlement comes from -- a very poor upbringing, perhaps? But as with anyone, you get what you give; that's pretty axiomatic in all social relations. It escapes me why people who come in with a bad attitude are surprised when they get frosty treatment from SAs.

On the other hand, SAs are people, too, and they can have off days just like the next guy. No one's perfect.

It sounds like your good relationships that probably took a lot of time and patience to build have really paid off.

Thanks, pampered! :smile: I never set out to do anything special, though. They're really nice folks, and I'm just always happy to see them!

They dislike people going "I wanna see that one" when the bag is being shown to someone else already... it just isn't done.
It happened to me once (was looking at a bag SA and I knew I wasn't going to get) and a man said he wanted to see that one, pointing excitedly at the bag, really insistently and not all that nicely.

My SA and his SA shared what I can only describe as a Look and both said "I am sorry, it's sold to the lady".

There was a lot of that 'look' that day. :smile:

Lastly,

Cobalt -- yes, that etoupe bolide was stunning!!

Gina honey, Miss Birkin, in all of her grace, chose YOU!!!!
She is truly magnificent.
It is grand to just sit quietly and admire each minute piece of craftsmanship.
I do this sometimes, imagining the craftsman/woman passionately stitching and cutting, with pure joy in their hearts.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Gina, I don't know what you do in your real life and you probably have heard this a lot from others, but just have to tell you that you write wonderfully. I think you are not a lawyer (didn't see this in the thread that seemed to be full of ex-lawyers), otherwise I would have guessed you are like many lawyers I knew -- closet writers with at least one novel in the works somewhere.