Apart from Hermes bags, will you spend US3-7k on a non-Hermes bag?

I have many other bags; e.g. Chanel, BV, etc. under the USD3K mark, but so far I have not gone beyond 3K for other brands besides Hermes. That is not to say I wouldn't – it all depends on the design and skin.

I almost bought a Ferragamo blue crocodile bag recently, which was priced at Euro7K+. The blue croc was gorgeous, but the bag was a bit big on me, so I passed. If it had been the right size, I would have got it without hesitation. Hermes tends to be fairly conservative in their designs, and sometimes I just want a bit of fun and variety, and there are many good designs out there. Good designs are worth paying for IMO.

I have many other bags; e.g. Chanel, BV, etc. under the USD3K mark, but so far I have not gone beyond 3K for other brands besides Hermes. That is not to say I wouldn't – it all depends on the design and skin.

I almost bought a Ferragamo blue crocodile bag recently, which was priced at Euro7K+. The blue croc was gorgeous, but the bag was a bit big on me, so I passed. If it had been the right size, I would have got it without hesitation. Hermes tends to be fairly conservative in their designs, and sometimes I just want a bit of fun and variety, and there are many good designs out there. Good designs are worth paying for IMO.

In HK, only VIPs of Ferragamo can be invited to view their croc purse (in HK, the list price is about USD 12,000). I think HK have only a few of these croc purses, or maybe one. You are so lucky to see one!

For Loewe, their croc purses can be custom made only (costs USD6k and above depends on which style). But for Hermes, croc purses are not very uncommon, at least, I see some since my 1 year of Hermes hunting/window shopping.

For Euro7k+ a bit top-up, I will save for an Ostrich Hermes Kelly.:smile:

Not a chance. I looked at Chanel bags last spring, caught up in the moment of shopping in the Chanel Boutique at Saks where RTW, Bags and Accessories are all together, and brought two home to consider. I took those bags back to Saks the next day.

I periodically toy with the idea of getting a Chanel Cerf (combination handbag/briefcase) that runs close to $2000, but stop myself because I know it won't hold up to frequent use the way a Birkin does. Recently, I looked at Loro Piana Ostrich bags and found them to be well-priced, pretty and perishable. IMO, they won't look nice at the end of the season, let alone after years of wear.

Knowing that my Hermes bags are timeless and can be refurbished, I can't justify plunking down money for anything else. I do have a couple of Longchamps nylon bags that were less than $150 each and think that's money well spent. I'm saving for my next H bag and nothing will throw me off track!