Anyway to hasten patina on silver Farandole necklace?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a chaine de ancre bracelet that is about 5 years old and it has the most beautiful patina, a nice soft glow. I purchased a Farandole necklace a few months ago and it is soooo shiny. I wear it a couple of times a week, but I really want it to develop the same nice soft patina that my bracelet has. Any ideas on how to accelerate the development of the patina?

2. #2 Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    You can hasten tarnishing with sulphur and chloride. But there a difference between patina, which includes scratches from wear, and tarnish, where the metal blackens or yellows over time. I'd try wearing it nonstop for a few weeks, for starters. A jeweller can apply a solution to bring up the tarnish (liver of sulphur). If you're a do it yourself type, you can put it in a ziplock bag with a hard boiled egg overnight and use a polishing cloth to remove the tarnish you don't want.

3. mistikat's right, I think the egg is the easiest process :P

4. Wow.. So many great infos on this forum...
    Thanx for tips mistikat..

5. Wow, that's very interesting. Thank you for sharing this Mistikat.

6. I just wore mine a lot and it lost its shine quickly - almost too fast for my taste.

7. Thank u for interesting info