Anything wrong with hanging Antibacterial on your LV?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Quick question I was curious to how many of you ladies hung one of these on your LV bags? I currently have it on my Delightful and a friend of mine told me I shouldn't do so because it could damage my leather etc if it were to spill. Also she thinks since it's a LV it looks tacky, like it should be on a backpack or something. But I am a germophobe and love to have it close. I currently have it hanging on the gold ring on the side of my Delightful. Any thoughts on this?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I agree with your friend -- would be afraid it might leak onto the bag.

3. i personally dont think it looks great hanging off the bag, Maybe clip it to your D ring inside the bag as a nice alternative?

4. I agree - inside, not outside.

5. Its a bad idea to even use this stuff when handling a leather bag. The sanitizer uses alcohol and dehydrates the leather/vachetta which can cause it to chip/peel/discolor. I also think it looks out of place on the monogram. But thats just my humble opinion.

6. I would not hang it outside my bag, nor would I keep it in my bag unless it was wrapped or stored in something waterproof. I keep individual folded wipes wrapped in foil inside a zipped pouch.

7. Just my own opinion, not intended to offend...you have a gorgeous piece of well crafted "art"...no need to dangle some garrish dime-store thingy off of it. It's akin to wearing a designer dress with dollar store flip flops.

8. Lol, there's no right or wrong here but personally, I won't do this. I do agree that it looks somewhat tacky and not matching the overall look of classy chic. I'd probably put a cute little fragrance sachet (dry) inside the bag instead. Not sure about the antibacterial properties though :smile:)

9. It screams out ima germaphobe lol hide it inside the bag why not just get a regular bottle and put it in a make up back or something?

10. Lol ps is that a another bottle of anti bacterial stuff in the background on the desk lol that's funny...cute dog btw!!

11. I wouldn't risk damaging my bag with anything liquid unless it's in baggie of its own.

12. I understand about the idea of being clean, but I would personally keep it inside the bag and only take it out when I need to use it. Tbh, I think it is even harder to use when it is attached to the bag like that. Just my two cents :smile:

13. personally i think it is very tacky and is wrong for a LV bag

14. Add me to those who don't like the way it looks. I feel the same way about hair clips on bags (be it a designer bag or one from Target)... those things should be placed inside.

15. This will stain - even with overtime. It leaves dark stains. I know from experience. :crybaby: