Anyone's STUDS fallen off before?

The rose gold hardware stud on my grenadine giant town has dropped off somewhere. I am so sad. Ive just gotten the bag in April 2011. Are there any shops that has extra rggh stud for sale. Can it be screwed on by oneself or does it need to be done by the professionals? Help!!

A friend of mine was here in NYC and her new DK bal had a missing stud (RH), and the Bal rep at Barney's said that those studs cannot be purchased by themselves. The bag must go through a licensed Bal retailer and they go out to get fixed.

I have been eagerly reading this thread. I currently have a Framboise GSH CP that has a loose stuf. I use it very frequently as an everyday purse. I am worries the stud will fall off. Here's a real problem: How does an Aussie girl who purchaed through realdealcollection.com get a stud repaired? I don't have a receipt. Does Bal NY accept Bal bags to be fixed, even if you don't have a receipt and obviously the bag is authentic? I tell you, Louis Vuitton repairs leave Bal for dead. With LV, you don't need a receipt. I am more than happy to pay for my repairs too...Bal don't even have a store in Oz. It's really bad. It's put me off buying more Bal. The quality control is terrible.

I have been eagerly reading this thread. I currently have a Framboise GSH CP that has a loose stuf. I use it very frequently as an everyday purse. I am worries the stud will fall off. Here's a real problem: How does an Aussie girl who purchaed through realdealcollection.com get a stud repaired? I don't have a receipt. Does Bal NY accept Bal bags to be fixed, even if you don't have a receipt and obviously the bag is authentic? I tell you, Louis Vuitton repairs leave Bal for dead. With LV, you don't need a receipt. I am more than happy to pay for my repairs too...Bal don't even have a store in Oz. It's really bad. It's put me off buying more Bal. The quality control is terrible.

I agree with youKDC! Bal is very stingy about repair!!!
I read through this thread and found BagsR4Me had a nice success story to get fixed a bag bought from HG bags. I hope they are still in some nice generous mood for repair. I mean my SA keep telling me they only fix a bag, if it is purchased from them. I hope your CP will get fixed and you can enjoy it again!

Yet another victim of loose giant hardware... PradaLady, I'm so sorry this happened to you too. It's so frustrating to know that this is happening to our bags more and more. Especially with new bags. WTF??? :mad:

I have the same exact issue with my GGH PT. I called BAL customer service yesterday and explained the situation to them. The SA said that each store has their own policy. So you'll have to find out the policy of the store where you purchased your bag. I was told that some stores (not all) will make repairs within the 1st year of purchase for free. The SA told me that I needed to have my invoice for the bag. Unfortunately for me (since I bought the bag through ******) I don't have an invoice to show. So I'm sort of stuck with trying to figure out how to resolve this issue. But you (pradaLady) should have no problems at all getting your bag repaired since you bought your bag at a BAL boutique. Just call customer service (Bal website) and you should be okay.

Please keep us posted as to what happens. I hope you're able to get your Bal fixed soon (and for free)!

HTH. :smile:

I'm so glad that everyone is able to resolve all of the loose hardware issues with their bags/jacket. :smile:

I also have an update: I took my GGH PT to BalNY a little over 1 week ago, and I finally got her back. They tightened the loose rivet (gold hardware) free of charge!! :yahoo:

^ Thanks M&S...I just realised how bad my spelling was in my post...That's good that Bal NY tightened that rivet. I guess I would have to entrust the postal service and send my bags over there from Oz.

The stud dropped off my new to me 04 Rose First almost the moment I unwrapped it. I stuck it back on with superglue and had no more problems with it. If it happened to a new bag I would not be happy.

I guess if you can't put it back and tighten it somehow by yourself, that means you need to send it to a reputable cobbler near you or Bal. I have never had this problem. So I don't know how the hardware attached to a bag. I hope you will find a solution. Good luck!

OMG.. this just happened to me!! I went to reach for a notebook im my black RG Part-Time, grabbed the handle and scootched it a bit closer to me and I heard something hit the floor hard. I looked down and it looked like a screw. I looked back up at my bag, lifted the handle and there was an empty hole under the handle! I literally :wtf::faint:!

I can't believe this happened! I've only had the bag for less than 3 months! I thought I was going to have to return it to Neiman's! (A similar thing happened to a Gucci D Gold Hobo I got from Neimans, but they replaced it with no issues). But I took a look at the bolt after picking it up and saw that it could be screwed back in. And I did just that. Phew!

But now I'm paranoid about it happening again and me not being able to see it!

Bump! Sad to be bumping this thread but I just noticed that one of the studs to my canard rggh work has fallen off. I'm hoping I can find it-think it fell off yesterday so I'm hoping that i can find it but I'm nervous. Does anyone have recent experience with replacement/repair? I bought it from RDC-not a Bal store-like 6 months ago and it has been used very carefully so I'm upset that this happened.

Bump! Sad to be bumping this thread but I just noticed that one of the studs to my canard rggh work has fallen off. I'm hoping I can find it-think it fell off yesterday so I'm hoping that i can find it but I'm nervous. Does anyone have recent experience with replacement/repair? I bought it from RDC-not a Bal store-like 6 months ago and it has been used very carefully so I'm upset that this happened.

I'm sorry about your bag. I hope Bal will fix it. BagsR4Me had her bag fixed at Bal NY, even though she bought her bag from Erica.

Yet another victim of loose giant hardware... PradaLady, I'm so sorry this happened to you too. It's so frustrating to know that this is happening to our bags more and more. Especially with new bags. WTF??? :mad:

I have the same exact issue with my GGH PT. I called BAL customer service yesterday and explained the situation to them. The SA said that each store has their own policy. So you'll have to find out the policy of the store where you purchased your bag. I was told that some stores (not all) will make repairs within the 1st year of purchase for free. The SA told me that I needed to have my invoice for the bag. Unfortunately for me (since I bought the bag through ******) I don't have an invoice to show. So I'm sort of stuck with trying to figure out how to resolve this issue. But you (pradaLady) should have no problems at all getting your bag repaired since you bought your bag at a BAL boutique. Just call customer service (Bal website) and you should be okay.

Please keep us posted as to what happens. I hope you're able to get your Bal fixed soon (and for free)!

HTH. :smile:

I know exactly what you mean. It's really a shame. If Bal had better quality control, we would not be going through all of this. It's completely unacceptable!!

UPDATE: I called the NY Bal store and someone in the repairs dept. said that they will repair my Bal for free. I'm just hoping that's still the case when I go in person. You know how it is--you're given different info. depending on who you speak with and whether you're on the phone or in person. So I'm hoping it goes smoothly (keeping fingers crossed).

Also, ****** has been very helpful and has offered other options in the event the Bal store is not able/willing to assist me. So it looks like I may get my Bal baby fixed one way or another. :smile:

I'm so glad that everyone is able to resolve all of the loose hardware issues with their bags/jacket. :smile:

I also have an update: I took my GGH PT to BalNY a little over 1 week ago, and I finally got her back. They tightened the loose rivet (gold hardware) free of charge!! :yahoo:

It was two years ago. So who knows how they handle now. But it's worth a try!;)

^thanks! i see on bal's website that there's an online contact form that you can fill out that includes contacting about repairs, so i may try that out first even though they say you're supposed to have bought from a boutique. i'll keep everyone updated on what happens in case anyone else ends up with the same problem.

i'll also post a picture when i get a chance to show what happened. i did end up finding the stud (whew!) so that probably helps, but i can't really reattach it myself unless i use glue, which i prefer not to do. i really hope this doesn't happen again and i really, really hope it can be fixed.

I have a regular harware mimosa town I bought from ****** and the front stud fell off. I have no idea how or where I can get a stud and how I can get it fixed. Any suggetions?