Anyone you are missing for the Holidays??

I am sad for my DH.. when he is sad I am sad as his Dad passed away this past September and we always spend Christmas with him. So we had a glass of wine in memory of Dad and lovely conversations about him.. If ya can hear me...Dad .. we love you and Merry Christmas....:flowers::heart::heart::heart:

I miss my Nana. She lived with us while I was growing up. In a lot of ways she was more like my mother than my grandmother. She took care of me when I was sick, packed my lunch, and just made me feel loved and special. I always think of her when I watch It's A Wonderful Life, she loved that movie.

I am missing my grandpap who I lost 4 years ago, a dear friend who I lost 10 years ago, and my kitty who I lost 3 years ago. I also miss my best friend who I had a falling out with 4 years ago, and wish things hadn't played out that way......I am thinking loving thoughts of them all tonight......

I'm in London alone on Christmas Eve, flying to Toronto on Christmas day, and won't get home to Vancouver until the 26th. I don't even know what restaurants are open for Christmas dinner - I might have to order room service to my hotel room. You guessed it - I'm not missing a someone but everyone. =(

The bf's back with family, and will only be back tomorrow, so am looking forward to him getting back.

Also miss the best friend whom I haven't seen in years cos she's all the way in Canada. But she's planning a trip back next year, so I can't wait for that! :yes:

I miss my dad (passed away in 1989) my dear mother and mil (both passed during holidays in 2004.)

My son and his sweet wife are in Illinois, dh and I are in Oklahoma. I miss them too. :crybaby:

Gosh, Megs, I miss my WHOLE family! everyone is either in Austria, Ploand or Prague, (specifically!) I wish I could see them, but this year it was not possible...so we will just have VERY big phone expenses! (p.s. and this does not include those that passed away!)

I miss my parents and grandma. They live in another city, I promised to visit them for holidays, but couldn't because of work.. Now they are angry at me that I haven't keep my promise plus I miss them and feel very lonely...

I miss my dear best friend and grandmother, who passed in 6/2005. he held on despite bad health to see me get married in 2004, and jokingly pressured me to have children quickly. Unfortunately, she passed away before my son was born in 11/2005. I had told her I was pregnant, but unsure whether she was aware at the time.

I dream about her every now and then, mostly trying to tell her that I had a beautiful, healthy son. Until last week, it would seem like my dream ended once I told her I was a mother. It was weird in that sense.

I live in Ohio (with my husband and son) for my DH's work, and our entire family is in CA (whom I miss dearly also). We have been struggling with child care since Andrew was born, with me finally going part-time with work.

Just last week I had a dream and my grandmother was crying and I asked her why she was crying. And she kept saying, "Because I can't help you." And I asked what do you mean, and she said, "With your son, that I can't help you."

(Doesn't help that I'm working a 24-hour shift in the hospital on Xmas day either.)

I miss my nana more than anyone else during Christmas. She passed away 9/2005. She used to always spend the night with me on Christmas Eve's at my parents ever since I was a little kid. I loved her so very much and always will.
Thanks for starting this thread Megs....it helps to talk about it and reminds us to appreciate the people in our lives.:love:

I am sad for my DH.. when he is sad I am sad as his Dad passed away this past September and we always spend Christmas with him. So we had a glass of wine in memory of Dad and lovely conversations about him.. If ya can hear me...Dad .. we love you and Merry Christmas....:flowers::heart::heart::heart:

Oh wow - tell your hubby I will keep him in my prayers tonight. I lost my father in October of 2005 and that first Christmas was almost unbearable. I'm so so sorry - please tell him I'm thinking of him. I think the holidays are the most difficult when you think of the people you were closest too who are gone now. I was doing last minute shopping yesterday and I had a tradition for the past ten years where I bought my father a cashmere sweater every year, all different shades - he always looked so forward to it. I broke down a bit when I passed by a table of men's cashmere sweaters - the loss was just overwhelming. Please tell him I am thinking of him. The loss never gets easier - but the biting unbearable pain seems to lessen just a little, enough that you can try to remember the good without crying. All my prayers to him tonight - and to you too! That first Christmas . . . well, I won't say anything more except that I am thinking of you both with fondness and prayer tonight.

To everyone else who has lost a loved one coming into this holiday season - all my love and prayers as well. The season so often not only brings joy, but bittersweet sadness and aching loss. To all who posted about loss and aching missing of a loved one, all my prayers this evening!