Anyone with V Line surgery / jaw contouring experience?

6 month post surgery at View
I got multiple surgeries done including V-line and zygoma reduction (pictures and list of surgeries can be found on my review)

Did you experience skin sagging / double chin?

At 6 month post no sagging or double chin is present. Like many others stated factors of age and how the surgeon cuts the bone/rearrange the skin determines the outcome. But even at 6 months I am still swollen and my face is continuing to shrink so I am going to keep an eye out for saggy skin. (**I did get fat grafting and acculifting so those are also factors on why I may not have saggy skin)

Did other people notice it?

Well...yes. Hahah I had a square face from forehead to chin. So, personally, my change was dramatic. Right after one month of surgery (super swollen, view my 1st month pics if you can) when I got back home from Korea I met my friends for lunch and their mouths drooped. They told me I looked like a different person. It did not really hit me until I was drinking wine with my sister and my brother-in-law parents thought I was 18.

Are there any problems?

Fortunately, I did not have any problems or complications. When I woke up from surgery I still had feeling in my mouth and tongue (gums were numb). I could move my jaw around with no pain or numbness. Shout out to you Dr. Yun! hahah

Did you stay overnight at your clinic for a long time?

I stayed at the clinic for two nights. It was only supposed to be one, and I was ready to head back to my hotel, but the coordinator said she was worried for me because I was alone in Korea with nobody. She recommended and wanted me to stay another night for extra care. I never cried since waking up from the surgery but I cried when she said that.

How much did you pay?

This is something I want to keep private

Are there any things which you experienced that were unexpected or you did not know about?

URINE LINE. URINE LINE. URIIIINEEE LINEEEE.
Thank you as always for being so helpful!! Woah so you're able to get acculift at the same time??

Hi @honii and good luck for your surgery in 2020, you def have a long time to prepare and consider all opinions. For me, the website realself helped a lot as well.

I got mini vline and jaw shaving (slightly on the bottom of both sides) ~2 months ago. You can read the review I wrote on my experience its pretty detailed w/pics if you wanna see
  1. No sagging, but when I lie down and turn at certain angles there is a slight double chin that i didnt used to have before.
  2. So the first 3 weeks, I was swollen and it became to the point of being noticeable around the end of week 3. However, 1 month later I saw friends and even my parents who barely noticed a change. this of course depends on how drastic of a change you want, mine was pretty subtle but definitely made a difference to me. so just make it very clear with your doctor!
  3. If you read my review u can see how much I suffered for the first week lol. Couldnt talk for a few days, could eat normally again maybe at 2 weeks, but by 1 month pretty much everything feels normal and i dont have any numbness not even in my gums. but ofc this will depend on how invasive your surgery is (mini vline vs. vline vs. double jaw, etc)
  4. I couldnt stand the hospital so i left as soon as they let me and didnt stay overnight. Went back to work at week 3
  5. For mini v alone I paid 7.5m isk krw
hope this helps!
Thank you so much that will be really helpful :smile:
How would I be able to find your review ?
That seems quite expensive for mini v line, but it isn't too high :smile: did you use a translator or anything extra (such as a service like docfinder korea)? Without these, I'm hoping that my price won't be too high for v line.
Thanks again :smile:

Sagging depends on elasticity of skin which is determined by usually by age and more by genetics. Weight plus heavier tissues like fats can also contribute by virtue of gravity.

Also how much you bone you remove affects sagging. Like if you notice people who undergone huge and sudden weight loss you notice excess skin - like a deflated balloon. Then setback genio more likely to sag? Advancement genio more likely to look "tighter" since your tissues stretched more.

Also, the thickness of your skin determines how sagging can be treated. Laser / HiFU lifts probably won't help thick skin as much , thread lifts not suitable for thin skin. These are also temporary treatments tho. Full smas lift: gives the best long term results but not recommended unless you are older.

What matters is having your tissue profile assessed by the doctor who should inform you what can happen. Haven't seen any legit claims to "special methods" which prevents sagging. Make sure you sufficiently budget so if sagging occurs , you can afford to treat it.
Thank you that's really helpful ! I hadn't thought about the differences between thick / thin skin before.

6 month post surgery at View
I got multiple surgeries done including V-line and zygoma reduction (pictures and list of surgeries can be found on my review)

Did you experience skin sagging / double chin?

At 6 month post no sagging or double chin is present. Like many others stated factors of age and how the surgeon cuts the bone/rearrange the skin determines the outcome. But even at 6 months I am still swollen and my face is continuing to shrink so I am going to keep an eye out for saggy skin. (**I did get fat grafting and acculifting so those are also factors on why I may not have saggy skin)

Did other people notice it?

Well...yes. Hahah I had a square face from forehead to chin. So, personally, my change was dramatic. Right after one month of surgery (super swollen, view my 1st month pics if you can) when I got back home from Korea I met my friends for lunch and their mouths drooped. They told me I looked like a different person. It did not really hit me until I was drinking wine with my sister and my brother-in-law parents thought I was 18.

Are there any problems?

Fortunately, I did not have any problems or complications. When I woke up from surgery I still had feeling in my mouth and tongue (gums were numb). I could move my jaw around with no pain or numbness. Shout out to you Dr. Yun! hahah

Did you stay overnight at your clinic for a long time?

I stayed at the clinic for two nights. It was only supposed to be one, and I was ready to head back to my hotel, but the coordinator said she was worried for me because I was alone in Korea with nobody. She recommended and wanted me to stay another night for extra care. I never cried since waking up from the surgery but I cried when she said that.

How much did you pay?

This is something I want to keep private

Are there any things which you experienced that were unexpected or you did not know about?

URINE LINE. URINE LINE. URIIIINEEE LINEEEE.
I read your review, thank you for the useful information :smile: It's lucky that you have no problems ! I have been considering View and The Face Dental, but since it's a long time until I get my surgery, thanks may change.
It's kind of them to ask you to stay extra time in the hospital , although it must have been frustrating :sad:
For the last question answer, I hadn't thought about that!! That will be horrible :sad: I don't want to think about it actually, I will just have to deal with that kind of thing in hospital when the time comes haha
Thank you so much for the info though ! :smile:

hey all, with full v-line, I know the doc will touch your chin as well but what exactly do they do? Do they just shave it..?
I am hoping not only will my jaw be reduced, but want my chin to be a bit pointier as well.