Anyone with TOD´s knowledge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Hi all,
A girlfriend bought this TOD´s handbag in a second hand shop, they specialize in big brands but don´t offer any authentification certificate.
And now she´s having doubts about the authenticity !
Can you help her please, as I don´t know anything about TOD´s !??
Thank you

Attachments

• Tods7.jpg
    Tods7.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Tods4.jpg
    Tods4.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Tods3.jpg
    Tods3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Tods8.jpg
    Tods8.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Tods2.jpg
    Tods2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 67
i'd say with about 75% conviction that it's not authentic.. :sad:

attachment.php

this is the pic that killed it for me. the stitching looks very untidy and uneven. authentic tod's bags are fully handcrafted in italy and are known for their impeccable workmanship. the tod's bag that i own has perfect stitching - both sides of the bag are perfectly symmetrical and every stitch is exactly the same length to the naked eye. the stitching in the pic above looks machine done.

attachment.php

i have my doubts about this as well. the zipper looks cheap. i read somewhere that zips in the interior of tod's bags should be wrapped in leather and have the tod's "T" embossed on it. i'm not sure if it applies across the board to all tod's bags, but the tod's bag that i own has a leather embossed T interior zipper.

i guess the best way to tell the authenticity of a tod's bag is the look and feel of the bag itself. i don't know how to explain it, but when i have an authentic tod's bag in my hands i really feel like i'm holding a piece of luxury - impeccably crafted from the best quality leather. for this reason, i feel that tod's are seldom convincingly faked - the fakes just can't match up to the quality and craftsmanship of the authentics.

i hope your friend manages to work something out with the shop....:flowers:

I don't think it's authentic. The interior zipper pull should be leather with a stamp on it, or at least not a basic zipper pull like that one. Can't tell by the picture, but the interior should have a Tods stamp as well. What really throws me off is the stitching detail on both sides- the little two "squares" that it has-not quite right. Tods is also known for stamping all over it's hardware-oftentimes on the buckle, etc.

I have a Tod's that I bought in Milan... There is TOD'S stamped inside above the zipper, stamping again on the side of the hardware that holds the shoulder strap and the actual bag and a big T on the rivets (silver nails). My best friend who lives in Hong Kong, she always buys second hand designer bags and she does have the card of authenticity from the first purchase. Sorry to say... I think you got a fake. I don't know how to post up pics of my Tod for you to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.