Anyone with suede bags? Hard to maintain?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi all, I am very tempted by the Suede Ricky by Ralph Lauren being as the Croc leather is not an option because of the ££ at the moment. I have never owned a suede bag though. Are they really hard to care for and keep beautiful? Bear in mind I live in rainy old London!

2. I think suede might be a one-season only option, but I like it. My friend has a suede bag and it looks pretty used up, but she carried it for months straight.

3. Thanks I kind of knew that would be the answer and I think on that basis, the suede Ricky is looking kind of expensive. I am off to lust after an Anya Hindmarch Ebury now instead . . .in leather!

4. I'm looking at a red suede bag and wondering if it will rub off on my clothes- any comments on that?

5. Hi. Your question regarding colors rubbing off of suede bags. I have found if the purse is extremely inexpensive, there is a possibility of the color rubbing off onto some types of clothing materials. Otherwise, I have never had trouble with my suede bags. Jill

6. I love suede. I have several suede bags. Coach, Rafe, And a Kooba. I love them so much but it is impossible to keep suede looking good. I'm not hard on bags and still have problems. With a lighter color you get dirt transfer around the zipper. With dark color you have to worry about color transfer on your clothes.

7. I don't have as much suede bags as I do other kinds. I don't take them out when it snows or rains.

8. I got some rain drops on my suede Kooba and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for cleaning it? There are these white/gray spots left behind...:push:

9. is it really hard to care for? Would you buy one again given the chance or would you stay away from it?

10. I would suggest spraying it with some kind of weather protector/water proofer and then using it. I don't think they are that hard to care for but you have to be a little more careful depending on the color.

11. i think u have to love suede for what it is. if you go with a light color, u have to understand up front that its not gonna last forever. i have a beautiful baby blue suede coach bag that i scotch-guarded, used and loved and its too dirty for me to use, but i cant bear to part with her just yet.... :s but i would totally buy one again!

12. Suede bags are gorgeous but I would lonly go with a black or a dark brown as those won't get as dirty as quickly. AND you should def. use some sort of weather proofing spray on it!

13. I have a yellow suede bag. I wore a navy shirt once and the color rubbed off on the bag, now I can't get it off :crybaby:
    Never buying light colored suede bags anymore!!!

14. i have a 1000$ bottega veneta suede nappa leather bag in bright orange, only use it for less than a year, now it's all dirty and water mark anywhere i can't even stand to see it,
    it's stored in my dustbag now.
    i don't know how to clean it up
    and i have my lesson learned, i'm not a person who can wear or take care of a suede bags ad i would never buy a suede bags leather ever although how tempting it is.

it's just not for me.

15. maybe you should take your BV to a shoe/boot cleaners place seahorseinstripes, maybe they can make your baby all new again! :}

personally, I have stayed away from suede about one random one I had, I prefer to be able to clean my purses without too much difficulty, of course I don't have any protectant sprays either