Anyone with extremely sweaty hands with LV bags?

roxiehart

May 11, 2010
I own some LV items like RTW and shoes, and now I'm finally getting LG/SLG!

However am staying away from Monogram Canvas because of my extremely sweaty hands and feet condition. I know it will stain the calf skin on all Monogram Canvas, so I'm getting Epi and Damier. I'm thinking of getting Trevi PM!

I love Monogram Canvas though it is so pretty and it's a pity I can't carry them. Anyone with a similar condition?

I do...this is the reason why I sold my Speedy 30 mono. The handles just got too messed up from my sweaty hands. I wish this wasn't so because I really loved that bag and also want to get the Tivoli PM.

A solution is to wrap twillies around the handles, it protects your handles from dirt and sweat! If you want to know how it works, there are several threads on this in the Hermes forum.

Cheers!

I do...this is the reason why I sold my Speedy 30 mono. The handles just got too messed up from my sweaty hands. I wish this wasn't so because I really loved that bag and also want to get the Tivoli PM.

My thoughts exactly! I also liked tivoli pm but too scared to handle vachetta and worry too much that I will end up with uneven tan.

I have sweaty hands but I just carry them on my arm (near my elbow). Even if I didn't have sweaty hands, I wouldn't carry my bags on my hand because I know our hands are just naturally not exactly the cleanest part of our body even if you think so.

I have extremely sweaty hands and it's worse when I'm nervous but I still buy bags with vachetta. I've come to accept that my bags will patina faster but I can always get it replaced when it gets too dirty/dark for my liking.

You can buy handle covers if you're worried about the vachetta, though I think maybe the leather would be okay if you just treated it first? Don't let this stop you from buying the bags you love, that'd be a real shame!

I have extremely sweaty hands and it's worse when I'm nervous but I still buy bags with vachetta. I've come to accept that my bags will patina faster but I can always get it replaced when it gets too dirty/dark for my liking.

That was what I thought of at first. But some parts may not need replacing, and those that get replaced will have a different shade than the rest and the bag will look very odd at first.