anyone with any mulberry suede bags?

samiyahk

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
hi everyone!
have'nt been on the forum for a while but just wanted to ask if anyones got any suede mulberry bags and how they're holding up? do they need babying? and are they ok in the rain?...was looking as lilac suede alexa..and care instructions say the suede is soft and durable...the suede just seems to have a little more structure to the bag as apposed to soft buffalo leather...just wen i thought i was all mulberried out..another one creeps under my radar..:graucho:

i had a slugde bays and my sister has a purple suede margaret and both have been fine.
i sprayed my bag aa few times with collonil and then did a water test and it was fine. you can get soft suede brushes that help it to keep looking new :smile:

I have a couple of metallic suede leopard Bays which I've collonilled meticulously but I haven't dared take them out in the rain (I keep my coated canvas Bays for rainy days). I'm vaguely hopeful that the "busyness" of the pattern would help disguise any water stains, but of course I'd rather not get any.

PS I think you should definitely go for that suede Alexa!:nuts: again, the pattern would help disguise any marks that might happen.

I had a suede angelica. I sprayed it weekly and used a suede block to remove any marks. It was a raspberry colour, and did need babying more than any other Mulberry bag I have had. That said, Suede is beautiful!

hi everyone!
have'nt been on the forum for a while but just wanted to ask if anyones got any suede mulberry bags and how they're holding up? do they need babying? and are they ok in the rain?...was looking as lilac suede alexa..and care instructions say the suede is soft and durable...the suede just seems to have a little more structure to the bag as apposed to soft buffalo leather...just wen i thought i was all mulberried out..another one creeps under my radar..:graucho:

The suede loopy alexa? I saw that one in london and it looks lovely, quite pale though :biggrin:

I have the sludge suede Bayswater , tbh I wouldn't use it in the rain although I did spray . One thing with suede is that it tends to get a lot smooshier with use. I love mine and have had loads of compliments, but imo it's a fairweather bag.
Almost forgot I have the violet suede Abigail too but that's an evening bag so doesn't get too much wear.

thanks everyone...very useful comments..i 'd like an everyday work bag....that looks more interesting than my bays..i dont carry much to work...and i have my own locker....it says on the care details its soft and durable..hmm this loopy pale lilac print is stunning.....it doe'nt seem to be on the websites..i only saw it in store....

TortoiseP, yes its the lilac loopy print on suede..its so pretty and the pale gold hw looks great with it..makes it look more special and unique...
its not that i want to use it in rain, its more that if your'e living in london and u always forget you're umbrella(like me)..its inenivitable (hmmnot sure if i spelt that right?)..that at some point the bag will get soaked..so just want to make sure its ok...

btw elvis i got stuck in major downpour with my oak bays...and she's been great after her collonil bath!...