Anyone with A. Link jewelry? Opinions greatly appreciated!

kohl_mascara

On to the next one!
O.G.
Oct 30, 2008
There is an A. Link sale on Rue La La right now and I'm tempted by a few pieces. I really like the tennis bracelet and the Tiffany DBTY style pendant. I priced a similar pendant on Blue Nile and the price difference was about $50.

What do you guys think? How is the diamond quality? Or the gold quality? I went to their website and read some info on how they cut "exquisite" diamonds with a 60/60 technology thing. I know Neiman and Shreve & Co. sells their pieces. I was just wondering if I should take a chance and buy it from the Rue La La sale or if I should just get it from BN. I like BN but I know there have been some issues with the bezel being a little "off" and am worried about the gold quality from BN.

Any opinions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Kohl! Do you have to be a member to view jewelry on Rue La La? Is it possible for you to post pictures of the A. Link items (including tennis bracelet) that you are interested in? I've heard that A.Link is fabulous quality and it is sold in the most high-end jewelry stores in my area. Please describe items if you can't attach pictures. Thanks so much!

Hi Hoka! Thanks for your reply!! Yes, you have to be a member in order to see the pieces. It's free to join and really fun to browse all the sales.

The pendant is .51 carats I color SI1 clarity in 18kt yg for $1599. Original price was $3400. On Blue Nile I priced a .52 carat I color SI1 clarity in the same style pendant for $1548. I really like how thick and substantial the chain looks on the pendant vs the very thin and fine chains from Tiffany's. The diamond in the picture looks a little cloudy. . .but it could just possibly be the picture quality.

The tennis bracelet is 1.09 carats in 18kt wg and is $1499. The diamonds are G color and SI clarity. Original price was $3950. The tennis bracelet seems to be the best deal - it's basically $2500 off!!!

Rue La La offers returns but for merchandise credit only. Hmmmm. . .

Attachments

• 6020778796_RLLZ_1.jpg
    6020778796_RLLZ_1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 6020778796_RLLZ_2.jpg
    6020778796_RLLZ_2.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 6020778796_RLLZ_3.jpg
    6020778796_RLLZ_3.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 6020716687_RLLZ_1.jpg
    6020716687_RLLZ_1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 6020716687_RLLZ_2.jpg
    6020716687_RLLZ_2.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 338
They had a gorgeous 2.06 carat tennis bracelet for $2299, original price was $5400 but it was sold out already.

Maybe I should get the pendant. . .I already have a lot of bracelets and the size for the tennis bracelet is 7" which is a little big for my 5.5" wrist. Ho hum, what to do!

So weird. I responded here but it didn't post. Anyway - I love the tennis bracelets (the sold out one and the one with 3 still available) but I have a weakness for tennis bracelets! The pendant doesn't do much for me. I would still go with that Love ring you were considering as my 1st choice. But it is so hard to pass on the bracelet. Such a good deal. However I don't know if it would be difficult to shorten for you. BTW, I just joined Rue La La - might be dangerous!

Thanks for your opinions hokaplan! Yeah, I just put a measuring tape around my wrist and 7" is definitely too big. I'm sure they can shorten it but since I'm buying from an online retailer, I'm not sure who to take it to get it done and whether or not it'd be a simple task.

I have actually been looking for a yg necklace/pendant for a while. I got the Tiffany DBTY during the summer but returned it so I could get my Love bracelet (it was grossly overpriced anyway). I think I'll still get the rainbow love ring. . .if they still have any. From what my SA has told me, there are none in the system in my size and they don't know if they'll be manufacturing any more :crybaby: And since finals are coming up and one of my greatest stress relievers is shopping. . .I've been itching to get something now vs. waiting LOL. So, I think I may get the pendant!

I agree, Rue La La is a dangerous place. I feel their sales are much more interesting/worthwhile than Gilt, and I'm a HUGE fan of Gilt!

So I finally got my necklace today. I really like it! Unlike Tiffany's DBTY series, the diamond on the A. Link necklace is quite "deep" vs. the flat and shallow diamonds from Tiff. Also, the culet on this diamond sticks out a lot and I can feel it tickling/irritating my skin a bit but I hope I get used to it! I also compared some old pics and I think this .51 carat is about the same size as my Tiffany .41!!! But I love the chain on the A. Link more because I can feel the weight of it and its a bit thicker and substantial compared the very fine chain that Tiffany has.

Anyway, after a long wait and some nail biting, I finally got it today after I came back from Vegas! It was a very pleasant surprise :smile: I read some horror stories about Rue La La online and on tPF so I was worried that my order would be a mix-up or I wouldn't get what I originally ordered, but it appears to be exactly what I paid for! The bag it came in was a bit dirty lol but the diamond and necklace look new and unworn. Here are some pics (excuse the moles on my neck):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do you gals/guys think it's weird wearing both together??

Attachments

• alink.jpg
    alink.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 453
  • alink2.jpg
    alink2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 410
  • alink3.jpg
    alink3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 22,330
So I finally got my necklace today. I really like it! Unlike Tiffany's DBTY series, the diamond on the A. Link necklace is quite "deep" vs. the flat and shallow diamonds from Tiff. Also, the culet on this diamond sticks out a lot and I can feel it tickling/irritating my skin a bit but I hope I get used to it! I also compared some old pics and I think this .51 carat is about the same size as my Tiffany .41!!! But I love the chain on the A. Link more because I can feel the weight of it and its a bit thicker and substantial compared the very fine chain that Tiffany has.

Anyway, after a long wait and some nail biting, I finally got it today after I came back from Vegas! It was a very pleasant surprise :smile: I read some horror stories about Rue La La online and on tPF so I was worried that my order would be a mix-up or I wouldn't get what I originally ordered, but it appears to be exactly what I paid for! The bag it came in was a bit dirty lol but the diamond and necklace look new and unworn. Here are some pics (excuse the moles on my neck):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do you gals/guys think it's weird wearing both together??

It looks so pretty together, since they are both delicate it flows perfectly! I always wear two necklaces :biggrin: