Anyone with 2 e-rings?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Just curious. There must be some people out there with 2 diamond e-rings. Perhaps one is the daily ring from husband. Perhaps the other was inherited from a relative or a broken engagement. Do you wear both together on different hands, take turns or have one sit in a drawer? If anyone has two and wants to post pictures, this might become a fun thread!

I, myself, do not have 2 engagement rings, but my best friend inherited an engagement ring from her aunt. It is a 1 carat in platinum. She wears it with her wedding set next to her own engagement ring.

My MIL might have two. I assume she got one when she married my FIL, but then her DD inherited a really beautiful 2 carat antique ring. DD, my SIL is NOT a jewelery person at all, and was going to sell it for a down payment for her first home. MIL and FIL didn't want to see it sold, so they paid her for it, and now my MIL wears it.

I have 2. My original from when we got engaged, it's less than 1 carat and white gold, and my upgrade which totals about 2.25 carats, and is platinum. I cant wear the original for long periods of time anymore because I developed an allergy to the white gold after I had my youngest son.
My MIL does have 2 and they are both about 3 carats, She never wears either unless she os going to a party or something,.

Me. I have a diamond non solitare when DH proposed, and my new ering with a pretty solitare. I will wear the first ring on my right hand I guess.

What about an original E-ring that was the proposal ring and one that's an upgrade or fancier one as an anniversary present down the years?

(that's what I'm hoping for..LOL!) I have a vintage, very beautiful ring. It's yellow diamond and has halo setting. It's very practical as far as engagement ring goes. I work with my hands so I can't have something sticking up - I would knock it off. However, I have come to love that look so maybe one day!

My aunt had two for a brief time, she upgraded to a larger diamond and wasn't sure what to do with the original at first, but then decided to turn it into a necklace. I think if I were to have one and inherit one, I'd either keep the inherited one safe or turn it into something else, but that's JMO. Then again, I know no one in my family (or my b/fs family for that matter) has anything that would considered an heirloom, so I don't have to worry about that lol.

My mom has 2! First engagement one was an oval emerald just under 1 ct with diamonds surrounding it, this was when my dad was only starting his business.. and that is her birth stone! And the 2nd he gave her on their 12th anniversary (which was a day before I was born :love:) is a 3 ct RB solitaire!

She still wears her emerald everyday and keeps the RB for special occasions!

Not yet! I love my ring, but since I love diamonds my DH is on notice that I want something in the 3cttw range....probably asscher or cushion cut.

My husband is an artist...so I may have to wait a while....he made the sofa in my signature...

I had 2...1 from my husband & an inherited ring from my great grandmother. sometimes I wore them together & sometimes separately. my mom has 2 rings...hers & my grandma's. she usually wears her upgraded e-ring, & stacks grandma's with her rings for special occasions. she still has her original e-ring, but doesn't wear it. luckily, I will inherit grandma's ring!

I don't, but a really good friend of mine has two; both of which were inherited from her husbands family. The first one was from his grandmother which is a 3ct solitare. The second one is from her MIL which is a 3-stone 3cttw each stone weighing 1ct each. She wears the 3 stone daily and keeps the solitare in a safety deposit box..

Not yet! I love my ring, but since I love diamonds my DH is on notice that I want something in the 3cttw range....probably asscher or cushion cut.

My husband is an artist...so I may have to wait a while....he made the sofa in my signature...

Love this!! That sofa looks amazing.

My mom has two...her mothers and her own. After my father passed, she had them reset into one ring, with the stones slightly offset from one another. She wears it everywhere and gets many comments on what a pretty ring it is.

My original engagement ring was my husband's mother’s. It is 1/8 ct... yes that is correct. I was in an old "illusion” setting… I had it reset in a bevel setting. On our 1st anniversary I asked for a new ring. I got a beautiful green tourmaline 2ct ring instead (I’m a bit nontraditional.) A few years ago I designed a new wedding band that includes 4 smaller diamonds set in white and yellow gold. I had the original engagement ring resized as a pinky ring. I also have a 3 stone Tacori princess cut ring I purchased that I wear sometimes as well. I have my eye on a Tacori ring with an emerald cut diamond now. My husband just rolls his eyes at me.