Anyone wish they were as stylish as their handbag?

totesmcgoats

Mar 20, 2019
I’m no spring chicken but I often catch myself thinking “maybe I should change this blouse” when I’m heading out with my B.

There are so many times where I sift through photos here and screenshot them so I can recreate the outfit later.

I am admittedly fashion-inept and honestly if it wasn’t for my job I most likely would have never even know what Hermes was, much less owned any of their pieces.

Anyone else always try and “live up” to the expectations of their Birkin? :nuts:

Wasn’t so much looking for inspo as comisterating! Shower thoughts...we should have a thread for shower thoughts. Ha.
Then that post should make you feel very commiserated with! LOL. Only other comment is, the Birkin is inherently and in practice almost the definition of a casual bag. That doesn't take much "living up to," I would think.

Oh please
Fashion is unlimited
Fashion is creativity
Fashion is imagination
It's all about confidence and character
With a humble and nice personality
Money cannot buy style
Simple can be chic and stylish
Flashing money showing the world
Paring like a Xmas tree walking down the street
Can be tasteless and jokes
Just be yourself
No need to tell everyone
I can afford Hermes
I wearing Hermes
I buying Hermes
I using Hermes
Next please haha

Oh please
Fashion is unlimited
Fashion is creativity
Fashion is imagination
It's all about confidence and character
With a humble and nice personality
Money cannot buy style
Simple can be chic and stylish
Flashing money showing the world
Paring like a Xmas tree walking down the street
Can be tasteless and jokes
Just be yourself
No need to tell everyone
I can afford Hermes
I wearing Hermes
I buying Hermes
I using Hermes
Next please haha

I agree with most of this, I've seen plenty of folks around these parts with pretty handbags and not a single ounce of fashion sense :smile: Present company excluded, of course :amuse:

Not sure how the rest is relevant "just be yourself". Very motherly advice, albeit misplaced in the context of my question. But thank you all the same for your sage wisdom.

I’m no spring chicken but I often catch myself thinking “maybe I should change this blouse” when I’m heading out with my B.

There are so many times where I sift through photos here and screenshot them so I can recreate the outfit later.

I am admittedly fashion-inept and honestly if it wasn’t for my job I most likely would have never even know what Hermes was, much less owned any of their pieces.

Anyone else always try and “live up” to the expectations of their Birkin? :nuts:

Sseeing as somehow my original message has somehow been lost in translation...

I am speaking to the sophistication of the handbag, not looking for styling/fashion advice.

Context: I was getting ready this morning to grab some coffee and run some errands, and was still wearing yoga pants from my morning workout. I went to grab my handbag and quickly decided to change. I changed into jeans and a sweater to look a little bit more put together.

Perhaps the title of this thread should have been "My handbag saves me from leaving my house looking like a slob" :cool:

I’m probably a founding member of the fashion inept club. After staying away from scarves for many years because I just knew I’d make a total hash of wearing the scarves, pictures of various members styling their oh so drool worthy Hermes scarves on this forum finally broke the dam. I started down the slippery slope of scarf mania earlier this year with decidedly mixed results :panic: sometimes I think wow that looks damned good while other times I think I look like a horse with a feed bag under its neck :eek:I look at bags as a way to add color or dress up my normal attire of jeans and T-shirt’s :biggrin: I don’t normally look at the mirror and think of changing my shirt to live up to my bag. On the contrary I have been known to keep changing my bag until I find one that jazzes up my jeans and T-shirt enough :lol: I think my Birkins really go with my very casual vibe. Maybe because the Birkin is so recognizable and has been built up in social media to be this Uber expensive and “rare” object, some people think i’m showing off by using my Birkins with jeans to go to what they perceive as very casual get togethers. But I think my Birkins go well with my jeans. Clemence and Togo are practically indestructible as far as I can tell and the Birkins no matter what size they are can hold a lot of stuff. One of my 140 lb dogs took a nap on one of my Birkins when I absentmindedly left it on the floor of my bedroom and after I wiped off his drool, the bag was just fine:lol: Apologies if i’ve Strayed far off topic :huh:

I’m probably a founding member of the fashion inept club. After staying away from scarves for many years because I just knew I’d make a total hash of wearing the scarves, pictures of various members styling their oh so drool worthy Hermes scarves on this forum finally broke the dam. I started down the slippery slope of scarf mania earlier this year with decidedly mixed results :panic: sometimes I think wow that looks damned good while other times I think I look like a horse with a feed bag under its neck :eek:I look at bags as a way to add color or dress up my normal attire of jeans and T-shirt’s :biggrin: I don’t normally look at the mirror and think of changing my shirt to live up to my bag. On the contrary I have been known to keep changing my bag until I find one that jazzes up my jeans and T-shirt enough :lol: I think my Birkins really go with my very casual vibe. Maybe because the Birkin is so recognizable and has been built up in social media to be this Uber expensive and “rare” object, some people think i’m showing off by using my Birkins with jeans to go to what they perceive as very casual get togethers. But I think my Birkins go well with my jeans. Clemence and Togo are practically indestructible as far as I can tell and the Birkins no matter what size they are can hold a lot of stuff. One of my 140 lb dogs took a nap on one of my Birkins when I absentmindedly left it on the floor of my bedroom and after I wiped off his drool, the bag was just fine:lol: Apologies if i’ve Strayed far off topic :huh:

On the contrary, I think that is all perfectly ON topic! Our pooch isn't as big as yours, but he loves sniffing around my bags plenty.

I think dressing it up and down for me really depends on the twilly situation. Dress up a B? Put twillies on. Dress it down? Take it off. I find for some reason they also stick out a bit less when the twilly isn't on them.

I tried the scarf thing and could not do it, so kudos to you!

On the contrary, I think that is all perfectly ON topic! Our pooch isn't as big as yours, but he loves sniffing around my bags plenty.

I think dressing it up and down for me really depends on the twilly situation. Dress up a B? Put twillies on. Dress it down? Take it off. I find for some reason they also stick out a bit less when the twilly isn't on them.

I tried the scarf thing and could not do it, so kudos to you!
Hmmm. I haven’t thought about twillies dressing up the Bs. I’m more concerned with color matching the twillies with my bag to add just that little extra pop of color. As long as that doesn’t clash with the color of my T-shirt i’m good to go. And the 140 lb fella sadly passed away a few years ago but I still use the Birkin he slept on! I have Scotties now and even though they weigh less I think they’re heads are solid rock and they’re always happy to use one of my bags for a pillow too!

It’s a weird one.
I own very nice and stylish (I mean I think) wardrobe. But then suddenly gained 15kg due to thyroid issues/own stupidity. Can’t wear anything nice as I’m 6ft tall which determines the clothing size beyond fashion normal (14-16 uk). Not keen to look for new clothes as I just don’t look nice as other ladies in this size (athletic/masculine
body type rather than curvy). Feel like not wearing Chanel or Hermes as I don’t belong to the bag.
On the other hand- I paid for the handbags from the money I earned myself so...
And now thinking about Birkin (have a Kelly and Evelyne) and I’m like how will I dress, where would I go... though I desire it as it’s beautiful and practical