Cowboy(girl) Boots

I haven't but shamefully I've only bought my cowboy boots in Japan (LOL and I live in Texas now :nuts:). I think a shorter style may help the arch issue I think you're having?

I usually have the same problem with cowboy boots, but i manage to fit into Lucchese cowboy boots with a higher heel , like the Charlie model ...its a bit tough at the beginning but then the leather stretches nicely..its also easier with the mid calf ones ...hope that helps a bit ;)

Attachments

• 800919.jpg
    800919.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 441
  • aqua.JPG
    aqua.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 627
I usually have the same problem with cowboy boots, but i manage to fit into Lucchese cowboy boots with a higher heel , like the Charlie model ...its a bit tough at the beginning but then the leather stretches nicely..its also easier with the mid calf ones ...hope that helps a bit ;)

Ohhh I will have to try these.

If it is just a matter of getting your foot into the boot (rather than sizing), have you tried the plastic bag trick? It's how I need to slip on most of my boots that do not have zippers when they are new and definitely my cowboy boots.

I learned this from Nordies. Take a plastic grocery bag and line the inside of your boot with it with a bit sticking out so you can hold onto it. Slide your foot into the boot while holding to a piece of the bag. Your heel should be able to slide right in. Once your foot is in, pull the plastic bag out. Voilla!

I wear cowboy boots almost every day and have since I was about 12 (now 27)! Some good ones to try:

Lucchese - always fit me exceptionally! little to no break in time, you will need to be fitted for size though. IF your foot is more on the narrow side you should be happy with the way these fit. The 1883 collection is fabulous! My last 5 pairs (in 5 months) have been from that design line. Zappos has really good styles right now!

Old Gringo - much like Lucchese, but a little "louder" styled so to speak.

Anderson Bean - totally handmade, sizing is iffy though. You'll have to go to their website, (I always google it) to find a retailer as they are B&M only usually. They have some fabulous exotics (ostrich, gator, etc) and you can custom order. They're really big on the square toe which is very in in alot of horse/rodeo/cowboy circles. Personally, I'm over it-it's been about 5-6 yrs of the trend.

Justin - if you want a classic more true cowboy boot, they have some good styles that will last forever.

Frye has good boots that are less "cowboy on the range" that look and wear great as well.

That said, I would not be caught dead in the following: Laredo, Dan Post, etc. They're cheap for a reason! I don't do cheap!

Also, decide on the toe style (pointed, but not too pointed aka roach killers :throwup: - personal fave, square, round - not the best looking, but comfy) you want and the sole (leather or crepe usually). You can find a great looking go with everything boot for around $200-$500. I would start around the $200 end and go from there. Keep in mind, exotic leathers, stitching and handmade or customs cost more. I wouldn't spend a whole lot until you see if you like them and would wear them enough to offset the cost. They look great with most of my wardrobe, but that varies greatly form person to person. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: HeartHermes
Try Allen's Boots: http://www.allensboots.com/site/page/pg1736-pn_Cowboy_Boots_and_Western_Wear.html

I have a couple of pairs that were pretty expensive, but you can get some great ones for around $500. These are my next ones - I love traditional tattoo styles - on me and my boots :smile: http://www.allensboots.com/site/page/pg1740-de136-pr4221-as56_80_3208.h

Something to remember is that cowboy boots don't run true to size and you will need to size down with most brands.

I have those and LOVE them! They get tons of compliments from guys and girls both, but guys freakin' totally go nuts about them.