Anyone watching Long Way Round?!

1. Is/was anybody watching that show with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman?

I just freaking love it. I wish I had the time, money and especially the guts to go on a world tour like that :shame:

2. I bought it on DVD a while back and I LOVED it! I made me want to go and d the same thing (only maybe in a fully equipped Range Rover!)

Its such a fantastic adventure. I wish there was more of it. They said they were going to do a second expedition, but changed their mind. I don't blame them!

Its one of my favorite shows EVER. :biggrin:

3. It just started on German TV a few weeks ago, but I think I'm gonna get the DVD as well since the TV version is dubbed which I hate :yucky: Why don't they just add undertitles for the people who don't speak English?!

Actually Ewan and Charley have been on a major German TV show maybe 3-4 weeks ago where they said there would be a second tour, probably next year. They were planning on going from England to the south of Africa. When did you hear that they changed their mind? I was so looking forward to that :s

4. Oh, I heard that they changed their mind- last year! This show was filmed about 1 or 2 years ago!

They said they didn't want to be so apart from their families again (how cute are they when they meet back up with their wives! I was in tears...)
    I am so glad they decided to do it again, it was amazing! And maybe this time they can arrange a cameraman WITH a passport!

I couldn't help but have a crush on Ewan. Its inevitable!

5. I guess no one can help that! He just seems like (and maybe even is) this really awesome, down-to-earth guy. Even my boyfriend loves him :P

Last night I watched an episode where they were in the middle of Mongolia, visiting a shelter for homeless kids. It really had me in tears :crybaby:

BTW: Another awesome documentary with Ewan is the BBC (?) one about Polar Bears. Did you see that?

6. No, I haven't seen that. I will look into it!

The show is amazing through Mongolia. Its unbelievable. It gets a little less interesting when they get to America really.

Great, now I can't stop sining "Looong waayyy rooouund"!!

Have a look at the website ::..:. Long Way Round .:..::
    Its got great clips and information.

7. Oh, thank you for the Polar bear link! Awesome. I want to see this.

I am suprised no one else has seen this either! Oh, well. They are missing someting fantastic and inspiring!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice