Anyone using their Jumbo flap as an every day bag? Maybe I should use a tote?

Jul 10, 2007
Well I’ve been using mine for a week and come to the sad conclusion …
I’m lazy!:shocked::shame:
I’ve found that I tend to walk out of the store leaving the bag unfasten after I throw my wallet in it.
I may be more a tote bag -- everyday person.:confused1:

Do you ladies use your jumbos as everyday bags?
How’s it working for you?

Thank you!

I don't have a jumbo flap. :sad: Yet. :P

But with the bags with closure or zippers... I almost never close them. Zippers... who can be bothered?

Actually I think it's a really good look if you don't close it. Very laid back and says something like: "I don't care it's Chanel bag I'll use it however I want."

I do use my jumbo flap as an everyday bag. I don't carry much and find it easy to open and close the flap. The chain does not bother me at all, but if I am wearing a coat I usually carry it on my arm, and I have the chain shortened making it easier to do this.

The chain doesn't bother me at all. In fact I find the bag very easy to carry around.
For me its just those few seconds of having to unclasp, reclasp - unclasp again cause I forgot something, re clasp close..then darn, open again becuase the cell phone is ringing.

I use jumbos pretty much every day and while leaving it open probably wouldnt be a problem, its so EASY to close that it practically closes itself. Its a simple twist. No zippres, no snaps, etc. Closing is never a problem. Other bags I do tend to leave open if they are tedious to open/close.

I've been carrying my Jumbo flap everyday for the past 2 weeks now and I actually find it easy to use :yes:...But if you want a tote (in Chanel), the Cerf would be a good one.

I use my flaps (Jumbo's included!) all the time! :smile: I don't find it annoying to get in and out of (maybe because I'm used to it hehe), and the Jumbo in particular fits everything I need perfectly. :heart: I close my Jumbo's all the time because it's easy enough to do, and I don't want the back of the closure or the turnlock to get all scratched from banging against each other (haha, yes, I'm insane). :nuts: Maybe you can try using a tote for a while and see if you prefer it over the Jumbo, and then use the Jumbo as more of a planned bag or something. :heart: :tup:

I have a large caviar flap that I use often. I'm considering getting the jumbo, but I think the large is fine for now ("now" meaning, after the price increases!).

I ended up selling my jumbo XL (the Nicole Richie bag) because I never used it. It was a little heavy, but mostly because, w/respect to my lifestyle, its size didn't match its function. I generally load my bigger bags with lots of work stuff, and they get bumped around more. The lambskin XL was too lovely to subject to the subway crush!

If I got a jumbo, I'd go with caviar for sure, even though I'm not crazy about the new caviar, I found lambskin to be too delicate for a work bag. But that's a reflection of my erratic weather/public transportation environment as much as it is the nature of lambskin.