Anyone using Deciem's The Ordinary range?

I just picked up the 7% glycolic acid toning solution. It burns slightly at first but its minimal but my skin's been looking so good after a week. Just overall smoother and all my blocked pores are gone. I also started using the rose hip oil as a night time moisturizer after the toner.

I started using their products about two months ago and LOVE the results. My skin had been acting up for a few months and I could not figure out what product/products were causing new problems so I decided to stop my old routine and start new.
I wanted to keep things simple and started with a few products then kept adding to it.

For cleansing I use the Hylamide or Niod facial ester and love the Niod one better. My skin feels so soft after these products. I use the Hylamide with damp hands and add a bit of water as I massage it on my face then rinse, for the Niod one I use on dry skin and massage and wipe with wet cotton or a warm washcloth and then rinse with water. I think one will love or hate these because of them being so different from foaming/regular cleansers. It did take a few days to get used to but I could feel a difference after one use.

In the AM I use Hylamide subQ anti aging serum and Hylamide eye serum. I also add a serum from the Ordinary depending on my skins needs. I have 4 in rotation. I like the Nicamide for congestion or mild acne spots. I also use a brightening serum or one for wrinkles and another one for spots, discoloration. Normally I only use one of these extra serums but two water based serums can be mixed together as one serum. And you can mix them in with the cream moisturizer too.
Finish with the cream moisturizer or the cream Vitamin C one. Forgot the name but I really love them both.

PM routine varies but starts with the one of the same morning cleansers.
Then it could be one of these routines.....
Glycolic acid and the SubQ anti age serum and eye cream followed cream moisturizer or rose hip oil. Will use this on multiple nights if I do not want to do any routine from below.

Rotate these three because I will not use any of them two days in a row.
G.Retinoid 2, eye cream and then rose hip oil. Great results from the Retinoid and no dryness. But felt I could not use any serum over it because my face would itch. But with rose hip oil over it I had no problems.

Lactic Acid 10, eye cream and then rose hip oil

Maybe once every 7-10 days I will do the AHA/BHA ten minute peel that is red in color. Forgot the name but it is wonderful. On this night it is just the cleanser, peel and rose hip oil.

I also bought their serum makeup and mix it with the Niod photography fluid that is tan/bronze colored and am inpress d with them together versus the makeup serum alone. I have very fair skin so I like getting a bit more color and my daughter uses the photography fluid mixed in with her cream moisturizer from the Ordinary.

I liked Buffet but gave it to my daughter when I bought the Hylamide SubQ product which is supposed to be a better version of Buffet.

I have enjoyed reading more details of their products from Victoria Health’s website.

Since I started using these products my college aged daughter and son uses some of them too and my two best friends recently started changing their skin care to products from TheOrdinary.

While it seems like a I have a lot of products my routine is pretty simple and probably takes about 5 minutes to do. For years I was doing a multi step various Korean skincare routine then a multi step Biologique Recherche routine which was expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: nikkich and Wamgurl
I started using their products about two months ago and LOVE the results. My skin had been acting up for a few months and I could not figure out what product/products were causing new problems so I decided to stop my old routine and start new.
I wanted to keep things simple and started with a few products then kept adding to it.

For cleansing I use the Hylamide or Niod facial ester and love the Niod one better. My skin feels so soft after these products. I use the Hylamide with damp hands and add a bit of water as I massage it on my face then rinse, for the Niod one I use on dry skin and massage and wipe with wet cotton or a warm washcloth and then rinse with water. I think one will love or hate these because of them being so different from foaming/regular cleansers. It did take a few days to get used to but I could feel a difference after one use.

In the AM I use Hylamide subQ anti aging serum and Hylamide eye serum. I also add a serum from the Ordinary depending on my skins needs. I have 4 in rotation. I like the Nicamide for congestion or mild acne spots. I also use a brightening serum or one for wrinkles and another one for spots, discoloration. Normally I only use one of these extra serums but two water based serums can be mixed together as one serum. And you can mix them in with the cream moisturizer too.
Finish with the cream moisturizer or the cream Vitamin C one. Forgot the name but I really love them both.

PM routine varies but starts with the one of the same morning cleansers.
Then it could be one of these routines.....
Glycolic acid and the SubQ anti age serum and eye cream followed cream moisturizer or rose hip oil. Will use this on multiple nights if I do not want to do any routine from below.

Rotate these three because I will not use any of them two days in a row.
G.Retinoid 2, eye cream and then rose hip oil. Great results from the Retinoid and no dryness. But felt I could not use any serum over it because my face would itch. But with rose hip oil over it I had no problems.

Lactic Acid 10, eye cream and then rose hip oil

Maybe once every 7-10 days I will do the AHA/BHA ten minute peel that is red in color. Forgot the name but it is wonderful. On this night it is just the cleanser, peel and rose hip oil.

I also bought their serum makeup and mix it with the Niod photography fluid that is tan/bronze colored and am inpress d with them together versus the makeup serum alone. I have very fair skin so I like getting a bit more color and my daughter uses the photography fluid mixed in with her cream moisturizer from the Ordinary.

I liked Buffet but gave it to my daughter when I bought the Hylamide SubQ product which is supposed to be a better version of Buffet.

I have enjoyed reading more details of their products from Victoria Health’s website.

Since I started using these products my college aged daughter and son uses some of them too and my two best friends recently started changing their skin care to products from TheOrdinary.

While it seems like a I have a lot of products my routine is pretty simple and probably takes about 5 minutes to do. For years I was doing a multi step various Korean skincare routine then a multi step Biologique Recherche routine which was expensive.
Victoria Health is a big fan of these products & boy is she ever informative!!

Reactions: Wamgurl
Recently bought a bunch of stuff from the Ordinary and I’m gradually trying them all out..

-caffeine solution 5%: so quick and effective at getting rid of puffiness and under eye bags. If i have to be up at 7 but it’s 4am and I still haven’t slept I just put some on and I don’t look tired at all when I wake up.

-azeliac acid 10%: improved skin texture but made my t-zone more oily. I stopped using it but I’ll resume in the autumn when it’s not so humid outside so the oiliness won’t be as bad.

-alpha arbutin: tried this for some hyperpigmentation on my arm and it caused an allergic reaction. Glad it wasn’t my face :hrmm:

-niacinamide 10% + zinc: been using this for about a week for blemishes and it’s increased blemishes in my lower cheek and chin area. Going to stick with it for now because maybe all the crap is coming up and it’ll go away eventually

I also got the BHA, AHA and 2% retinoid but haven’t tried them yet

I like how this brand is really straightforward with the ingredients and you can gauge the results of each product pretty quickly. I used to buy fancy French skincare products that cost like €100 each and didn’t really have any effect after months of use... but they smelled nice :rolleyes:

Reactions: Swanky