anyone used Lubriderm to condition soft calf bags?

spitfire

May 5, 2007
Just curious. I know that some people in the Balenciaga forum swear by it, but I haven't heard it mentioned here. Do you think it would work? It's much more easily accessible for me than Apple leather conditioner, but I don't want to ruin my bags.

I would NOT recommend it for Marc Jacobs bags.
They use a unique vegetable tanning process and some
leather conditioners actually darken the color of the leather,
especially along the corners and piping.

Lubriderm is highly concentrated in oils. :nogood:

This idea sends up red flags for me! If you're really looking for conditioner, apple guard is cheap and effective. I started using it due to the recommendations on this board and it really does its job.

I agree with the rest of the posters. Apple conditioner is hands down the most tested brand on MJ. One girl even posted about how her Coach conditioner turned a white bag yellowish, so I'd be careful about what I put on my soft calf bags!

I haven't heard of anyone using Lubriderm on MJs.... I've used it on my bbags and have had great results, but have always used Apple Garde on my MJs. I always thought Lubriderm was preferred for bbags because it thickens up the leather a bit and helps clear out veins.... MJ doesn't have any veins or thinning or dulling of the leather, so I wouldn't have thought to use it on soft calf bags. I think Apple Garde is better for MJ overall, since it's made specifically for leather. MJ leather is durable and doesn't seem to need Lubriderm.

if anyone is brave enough to try, let me know how it works out!