anyone use id skinny pouches over mini skinnies?

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
hi! new to coach and about to pull the trigger online on my first purchase:P
the only bag so far, that has caught my eye was a maggie, but that's another story...i was interested in some small leather goods!

i did some searching on the forum and found people using mini skinnies in their, maybe large wristlets. i wanted to get a large wristlet and maybe start off with an id skinny instead-- would anyone think that this combo would work well? also, i saw a thread about a mini skinny holding maybe 11-13 cars but couldn't find anything about the id skinny...how many cards it can maybe fit?

i was thinking of attaching the dogleash clip from the id skinny onto the ring (near the opening of the wristlet) on the wristlet where the leather strap is attached, so that way, i won't have a chance of losing the id skinny and could still close the zipper of the wristlet over it, leaving a crack for the chain? :P (i'm a bit paranoid about losing things!)

I prefer The ID Skinny over the mini skinny because I like the ID window and the option to put it on my wrist. I have an MFF one and I like it because it has three card slots on the outside. All I really need is three so I use the inside for a little cash and change. The ID skinnys from the outlet all have gussets on one side so they open up wide. I'm not sure that the FP ones do. I don't use mine much, but it's perfect for taking to the beach or something.

I prefer The ID Skinny over the mini skinny because I like the ID window and the option to put it on my wrist. I have an MFF one and I like it because it has three card slots on the outside. All I really need is three so I use the inside for a little cash and change. The ID skinnys from the outlet all have gussets on one side so they open up wide. I'm not sure that the FP ones do. I don't use mine much, but it's perfect for taking to the beach or something.

I like the idea of an id skinny!

thanks everyone! i needed to get my brother a wallet from the store (gift receipt) so i decided to go to the FP store today and see everything in person! i love the zippy wallets and they were pleasantly larger than i had expected (can fit my checkbook with standard plastic bank-issued cover, pen, and receipts, and maybe even my naked droid phone!). but i went with a black madison leather large wristlet (love the convertible strap option), and the new teal croc id skinny!

***note: the dogleash clip on the id skinny cant fit/clip onto the thicker ring on the wristlet but i went with the id skinny for the chain that's easier to carry than the keyring of the mini skinny, if i want to take my cards out of the wristlet!

i did check out the madison maggie and they looked small to me, but upon opening one-- surprisingly roomy! i still want to see a large maggie in person and the SA said that the mia leather tha tthe large maggie comes in, is similar to the kristen leather (not pebbled and i fear maybe easily scratchable?)....i ordered a kooba grace tote for a steal online, friday, but the maggie and maybe black lindsay bag both appeal to me, so i might have to return the kooba! i just love the prospect of buying from a company that's within driving distance, that stands behind their bags (i.e., easy repairs in the future)!

yay michelle!! :biggrin: hi!

this is my first time posting since a [repair] issue i had with another brand!!! i've ebayed random older styles of lovely HH's and treesjes here and there (plus that kooba, argh!), but i'm trying out a different brand now! too nervous about findign ones on ebay/bonanz with all the fakes floating around-- i think i will just make thoughtful choices on FP coach items or if i ever go up to PA with my bf, i will make him stop by one of the outlets on the way (too far to drive from my house-- i hate driving!!) :P

wanted to mention about the ID SKINNY: madison embossed croc id skinny (long..phew! had to look up the name online so i could type it in , in case anyone does a search) is made of leather and is pretty stiff, compared to the fabric ones...i bought it for the extra front slide pocket (where the logo is), alongside the back id window + one slip pocket. i put my license and aspca-help-my-cats card in the id window, rite aid card i use all the time in the second pocket,and then, 3 cards in the front pocket behind the logo (dental, med, and aaa cards). credit and debit cards fit in the zip pocket! the cards on both sides plsu the stiffer leather make it hard to widen the zip pocket's opening but i don't carry much cash on myself, anyway :sweatdrop:, and i think i might buy a mini skinny online today, for misc. cards.

ETA: dogleash clip of id skinny does open wide enough to clip onto the ring of the large wristlet! im glad--now there's no chance of my id skinny falling out and me losing my cc's (unless i lose the whole wristlet!)