Anyone use a pressure cooker

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm thinking of buying a pressure cooker and just wondered if anyone uses one regularly and can suggest a good brand.

2. I'm not sure about the standard pressure cookers, but I have an electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot) and I absolutely love it. Takes the pressure off cooking... (wah wah). I like that I don't have to monitor the stove.

frick&frack and JetSetGo! like this.
  3. I absolutely love pressure cookers and have been cooking in one for more than 30 years. My favorite brand is wmf. Fagor is also a good brand. If you get one for the stovetop, make sure it is stainless steel.

4. Yes..... Love my instant pot. I use it everyday. I have yogurt going in it right now

frick&frack and JetSetGo! like this.
  5. I have a stovetop pressure cooker (Fagor) and an electric (Breville). I hardly ever use the stovetop model any more but I got a lot of use from it before I bought the Breville. I love the convenience of the new cookers with "menu" settings that allow you to set and forget, plus there are some excellent cookbooks out that are geared to the electrics. If you are a serious cook you should not be without one!

6. I also use a Fagor pressure cooker and like it. It's great for cooking dried beans, baby food, and stews.

7. I just got an Instant Pot on a whim when Amazon offered it as part of the Deal of the Day. So far, I love it. I've been making different kinds of Curried Chicken (Thai, Indian). It gets mixed reviews online, but so far so good for me!

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My mom had a stovetop one while we were growing up and would make popcorn and all kinds of dinner foods with it.

8. The update is that I purchased the Instant pot and omg I love it!!!! There's barely a day goes by that I don't use it. Had friends for dinner last night and we had chocolate cheesecake that I'd made in it the night before.

9. Wow! I've never heard of this "Instant Pot". I think I will need to check it out.

10. There is a really great FB group for the instant pot, tons of recipes and help, if you need it. I've found lots of recipes on Pinterest too. I've been very impressed with the ease of making risottos using the pressure cooker, very easy! Made shredded pork the other night, it would have taken 6 hours in the slow cooker, it took 90 minutes in the IP.

11. I use an old school stovetop pressure cooker for soups, stews, currries and even chili. I'd really like to get an Instant Pot but we don't get them in my neck of the woods.

What do you plan on using your pressure cooker for?

12. 3 months later and I'm still loving my IP pot, last night I use it to cook potatoes which I then mashed and used to make gnocchi, they were an epic fail. I'll be trying the gnocchi again this week, I don't like to be beaten by a recipe.

frick&frack and JoeyLouis like this.
  13. You need to BAKE potatoes for gnocchi.

If you use water to cook them, you'll have a soggy mess when you try to mix the gnocchi dough.

14. Thank you

15. Anytime. As an Italian I hate to see gnocchi gone wrong.

Also don't make them if it's really humid outside.