Anyone use a different strap for their speedy? (Non vachetta)

pursula

Emily
O.G.
Aug 16, 2013
I know it's frowned upon to put one on a classic speedy, but I'd like to see yours! I'm undecided about this one but I got it at target today. I won't be using it a lot, because of the wear it could create. The only thing that bothers me about this one is that the hardware is silver. [emoji35]IMG_1493184951.882297.jpg

I know it's frowned upon to put one on a classic speedy, but I'd like to see yours! I'm undecided about this one but I got it at target today. I won't be using it a lot, because of the wear it could create. The only thing that bothers me about this one is that the hardware is silver. [emoji35]View attachment 3679398
Try tj maxx and marshalls. I found the majority of these in both places for less than 20 bucks with both gold and silver hardware. I love the idea and versatility of bag straps but the designer price point is too high IMO. I would rather put that money towards a new bag or SLG. I wouldn't mix the silver and gold but don't have a problem with someone adding a strap to their traditional speedy. It's convenient when you need to be hands free.FullSizeRender(23).jpg

Reactions: simplyhappy
I don't know why it would be frowned up to put a strap on a regular speedy. Looks great to me! All that talk about stressing the handle is nonsense- it's the same place straps are attached on many, many bags. Like my Alma... I've been using a vachetta strap on my speedy but definitely want to get something more interesting. Will repost when I find one :smile:

Of course it's perfectly fine to add a strap to your classic Speedy, go right ahead! So many bags from so many other brands (including many luxury brands) attach the strap to the bag in the same manner.
Here is a photo of my Speedy 25 with a McCraft vachetta strap which most mimics the LV strap but without the inflated price point.View attachment 3680055

Wow, that strap IS really close to LV! Looks lovely! I have been carrying mine today with the strap and I think i like it!

Wow, that strap IS really close to LV! Looks lovely! I have been carrying mine today with the strap and I think i like it!

Thank you, yes the strap can be super handy to use. I usually end up hand carrying most of the time anyway but when you need your hands free it's quite helpful to have a strap. My favorite style of bag is a satchel with both a short handle with an option of a longer strap.

Of course it's perfectly fine to add a strap to your classic Speedy, go right ahead! So many bags from so many other brands (including many luxury brands) attach the strap to the bag in the same manner.
Here is a photo of my Speedy 25 with a McCraft vachetta strap which most mimics the LV strap but without the inflated price point.View attachment 3680055
I agree, I don't know from what research did LV tell ppl not to hang the bag like that and create the bandolier es speedy that looks exactly like a smaller keep all. I do not like wearing speedy with 2 side vachetta running down the bag like the Speedy bandoliere it makes me looking like wearing luggage. And I think even hanging the bag from the side like that still creates stress for the bag because the shape of the speedy. The way to keep its less stressed is carrying by the handle.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
That looks great!

Reactions: alansgail
I agree, I don't know from what research did LV tell ppl not to hang the bag like that and create the bandolier es speedy that looks exactly like a smaller keep all. I do not like wearing speedy with 2 side vachetta running down the bag like the Speedy bandoliere it makes me looking like wearing luggage. And I think even hanging the bag from the side like that still creates stress for the bag because the shape of the speedy. The way to keep its less stressed is carrying by the handle.

I used to own the Speedy B 30 and agree with you as far as how the bag looks with the vachetta on the ends of the bag, not a look I cared for so I sold the bag and went with the classic Speedy. The only reason I have a strap on mine at all is for those times I really need to be hands free, then it's wonderful to have that option. I also think that a strap on the 30 or 35 makes the bag hang kind of funny so I got the 25 and it isn't as much of an issue, smaller bag, less 'fortune cookie' look if you need to use the strap with it.

Reactions: musk_plus
That looks amazing! Thank you for the photo.

Reactions: alansgail