anyone use a coffee press?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My Krups coffee maker, which I like very much, has to be sent back for repair after only eight months. I guess they don't make them like they used to. My old one still worked after many years.

So since I'll be without it for a couple of weeks, I was thinking of picking up a press for temporary use. Anyone use these?

2. That’s all I use. I love it! Gives the coffee a very rich flavor and thicker consistency.

3. Think I'll try it. TJ Maxx has some for under $20.

4. I went to buy one yesterday but couldn't make up my mind. Some review said the glass ones don't keep coffee hot. So I guess if you make multiple cups you may have to reheat?

5. I've never liked/gotten the hang of French press. The coffee always comes out way too dark and oily. I prefer a pour over ceramic insert that goes on top of a mug, or a Chemex/Hario drip coffee maker if not going the machine route.

Good luck with your machine, by the way!

6. Yes, I love coffee made in a French press. My favorite is the Bodum 4 cup which really just makes one large cup. I make and drink it right away but when I used to have the larger 8 cup press I would use a carafe to keep the coffee warm over a longer period.