Anyone try Too Faced Extreme Lip Injection?

Apr 3, 2008
I received a free sample of this lip plumper. So as I was applying makeup 5 minutes before I had to leave the house, I gave it a try. I not only applied it to my lip, but to the outer skin surrounding my lips. Well, my lips started burning and before I knew it they were very red. Not only my lips, but the skin surrounding them. I looked like a freakin clown! with swollen lips. :cursing:

So then I read the warning on the back - apply only to perimeter of lip - if applied on skin redness may occur.

I used foundation to cover the redness and by the time I got home, 2 hrs later, they were back to normal.

My review - this product works but be careful! I won't try it again though.:sweatdrop:

^ I had the same reaction from it! :tdown:

That's pretty much how all those "plumpers" work, though. They cause irritation, which leads to temporary swelling. I don't like the idea, and I don't like the results, so I pretty much steer clear now.

I can't even say how many of these I have bought - Lip Fusion, Lip Venon, etc., etc., lips sting with all of them - I don't really see a difference at all. I think it just stimulates the blood flow/pressure to the lips but I still don't see anything...

Have a look at the ingredients before trying them on next time. Anything with chili pepper, cinnamon, or the like, will sting sharply. Lip Injection has this listed as an ingredient.

I have it and continue to buy. LOL I love it. However, i try not to get on my face because then it looks like someone has scratched me all over. Its fun but only for 15 minutes. Then I have to reapply. I know its silly, but it makes my lips so gorgeous

Ugh, I do not like too faced as a brand and I hate lip plumpers! I think too faced is overpriced for the products that they make, and their products IMO are not that good. I think this lip plumper is their best product, and that's not saying a lot, since almost every line has a lip plumper. My lips are pretty full as it is, but, I recieved a lip plumper in a B.E. kit one time and didn't realize that it was a plumper and not a reg. lip gloss. I tried it and it had a horible sensation on my lips! I know it's because of the chili peppers in most of them that agitate the lips and cause the plumping effect, but I really think lip plumpers are a waste of $. It only stays on the lips for the desired effect for about 20 mins max before you have to reapply. And, the bottles you prucase of it are about $15-20 for about .15 an oz! Again, very overpriced! I just never understood all of the people who came into Sephora when I worked there to purchase too faced and duWop's plummpers. Most of the time, peoples natural lips are perfect!!

The same thing happened to me! I got a sample of it and it started to burn like crazy about 45 seconds after I put it on. I thought it would go away but by a minute and a half it was burning so badly I rushed to get tissue to wipe it off. The skin around my lips was red too, and it took about 2 days for it to get back to normal. Never again, the stuff is garbage, which is where the sample went. :tdown::tdown:

this burned the heck out of my lips and the surrounding perimeter. i'm all for plump lips but this stung waaaay too much for the results to be even remotely worth it!