Anyone tried a brush from Yves Durif?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My favorite paddle brush died, today. I was looking to purchase a vented paddle brush, b/c my hair holds water like no other. Blow drying is a chore. I remember Sabrina (The Beauty Lookbook) reviewing the brush...but there was not a lot of detail. Other reviews on the web seemed sponsored.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. i prefer my yves durif over my mason pearson brushes any day. i only have the comb and the petite brush, but they're both great quality and well worth the price. they don't stab at my scalp or cause any hair breakage. i don't see any reason why the vented brush won't be of similar quality. sorry i can't be more helpful!

3. I bought the vented brush used it for a few days and returned it. First it’s a lot smaller than a paddle brush no where near adequate for me I have long thick wavy hair. I also felt like it was flimsy and it felt like it would break easily(the black part). I haven’t tried the oval shaped one which may be better quality wise but i’d stay away from the vented one. I bought the vented one with hopes of it helping me blow dry my hair quickly nope I couldn’t even make it though one blow dry. I will look through my pictures I don’t remember if I took one of the brush or not if so I’ll post it.

For paddle brushes I tend to alternate between aveda and GHD. I also like the wet brush for after a shower and the madora purse comb. After I wash my hair I start off with the madora comb, then the wet brush, then my paddle brush. The madora purse comb is the best comb ever! I originally bought the full size and didn’t really like it, then I tried a mason person comb didn’t like it either. Then I decided to try the smaller purse size madora comb and LOVED it. I think that the size makes it easier to manage getting knots out of my hair and it’s so gentle I have a sensitive scalp. I was never a big comb person but my long hair gets very tangled after I wash it and wanted to find a wide tooth comb to help minimize the breakage.