Anyone still love their Gramercy? (Weight concern)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm late to the party, but thinking about getting it. I'm getting it online so I can't try it on. I read through pages here and it seems like many are getting rid of theirs because it's heavy. :sad:

I'm thinking about getting it in a croc stamped one. I think it'd hold my daily stuff fine, but get worried about the weight itself.

How are you loving yours so far?

TIA!

2. I got an Oxblood Large Gramercy (which is the medium size) at the outlet at an incredible bargain price. I loved the color and the look of the bag but I returned it primarily because of weight and the tight compartments and just issues with functionality.

I did a poll here on TPF before making the decision to return it and you can read comments about the bag at the link below.

I am not sorry that I returned it, there is always another great bag to be found!

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/tell-me-about-your-experiences-carrying-the-large-905115.html

3. I waited a loooong time for the nude to be deleted. I wanted a neutral ladylike bag in my collection and I knew this was it. I don't find her to be heavy at all, but the again, I don't carry a lot.( A full size wallet one or two slg's, a pencil case and my sunglasses.) I got the regular size satchel.

I always hand carry her. I have yet to try her out with the long strap. I don't have any issues with the openings as mentioned in the video. I love this bag and I'm very happy that I got her. I intend to keep her until she can't be worn anymore. :lol:

Good luck with your decision.

4. I actually just moved back into mine - I have the black one :smile: I absolutely love it - and it never has bothered me weight-wise.

5. Using oxblood Gram today and it is not heavy. I think I weighed her and she's less then 2 lbs. Rogue is 3 for comparison.

6. I checked my notes and Gram is 2.3 lbs.

7. I love the style of it, but don't carry it every day. I don't find it heavy but I arm carry mine mostly, the strap is thin, but nice to have if you need it. I have 3 and all are keepers.

8. Mine isn't an everyday bag, but I don't have problems with the weight at all when I do carry her.

9. In my humle opinion, Gramercy is one of Coach's classy creation. I own 3 of them and like Carterazo said, it is very lady like. it can instantly dress you up. That said, i would not consider it a daily bag. I have been waiting for special occasions to carry them. It was very expensive when i first purchased them but good to know that they reduced its price? It would definitely be worth it if you are getting it at a good deal.

10. I still enjoy mine, and I don't find it exceptionally heavy. I'm not one to let a heavy bag deter me though if I truly love the look.

soramillay likes this.
  11. I used to have one but found it too 'structured' for me. I hadn't quite realized that I wasn't so much a structured kinda bag girl....!

I now own a beautiful pre-loved Darwin Mulberry Bayswater which I'm sure may weigh as much (if not more!) than the Gramercy but it has the casual look I was after so to me it's worth it, even if a bit heavier than I'm used to. If the bag is gorgeous enough and not ridiculously heavy I say go for it!