Anyone still love the Edith...?

Thanks that does help. I have a roche one coming, the SA said it is messenger style which sounds very functional. Do you think the roche is as versatile as the mastic? I also picked up the dark brown edith from NM yesterday. I can only keep one!! Tough decision

Absolutely! It'll get smooshier and softer with use.

Lordguinny - could it be that using Apple Guard Care contributed to your Ediths' smooshiness? or are there particular Edith years (like w/ Paddingtons) that are smooshier than others? I have 3 Paddy's that are pretty smooshy and so when I received 3 different Ediths from NM, I expected same but sadly, the leather was soooo smooth and stiff instead!

Lordguinny - could it be that using Apple Guard Care contributed to your Ediths' smooshiness? or are there particular Edith years (like w/ Paddingtons) that are smooshier than others? I have 3 Paddy's that are pretty smooshy and so when I received 3 different Ediths from NM, I expected same but sadly, the leather was soooo smooth and stiff instead!

I actually didn't treat my Edith with Apple Guard. I do have Apple Guard Care Lotion which I've used on other leather handbags and it worked wonderfully to make the leather soft and supple. I suppose if I use Apple Guard on my Edith one day it would do the same (remember that the Care Lotion also removes build up and stains). The more you use your Edith though (no matter what the starting leather) the more it'll crumple to an attractive vintage slump - it's just the way it's structured and built.

There are definitely Edith seasons that are smooshier than others. The very first season Ediths (spring 2006 releases...some were available late in the winter of 2005, around December) were very smooshy, wrinkley and pebbled. Almost to the point where, if they were unstuffed, they would fall over. If you look at the "Edith Lover Club" thread you'll notice that the first couple of submissions are of first season Ediths. Us girls tried to find the Edith bags with the most "scrumples". Scrumples were the part of the Edith where you see bends and folds. If you notice most first season bags have scrumples on the front pocket ; later season bags are missing this. I've attached a photo for you to see the side of my bag. This is a scrumple. The 2nd and 3rd season releases don't share the same characteristics. They are more stiff, smooth and very few are pebbled.

Chloe has a problem with sustaining the consistency of their leather offerings. I think it's because they use different manufacturers for different seasons. If you ever get a chance compare '05, '06 and '07 paddington leather. To me, 2005 paddington leather is the best. Smooth as silk, pebbly and smooshy it was the best season of paddingtons. Paddingtons are still gorgeous with thick leather (specially '06) but nothing compares to the beauty of an '05 paddington.

I hope that helps!!:tup:

Chanel339.jpg
wrinkles.jpg

Here are some ad prints of the first season Chloe Ediths. There was a gorgeous magazine ad where the model is laying on grassy field with a BEAUTIFUL chamois...lemme see if I can find it...
05m.jpg
chloeedith.jpg

Hi Lordguinny ... newbie here ... I saw Edith at Nordstrom. It's the blue color. I just wonder bout the leather .. cos I notice few 'scratches and marks'. The SA remove it by using some lotion. Is the leather meant to be that way (as what the SA said distressed leather) ... is it easily to get scratch ? TIA

Hi Lordguinny ... newbie here ... I saw Edith at Nordstrom. It's the blue color. I just wonder bout the leather .. cos I notice few 'scratches and marks'. The SA remove it by using some lotion. Is the leather meant to be that way (as what the SA said distressed leather) ... is it easily to get scratch ? TIA

Hi cesca, welcome to the forum!! Scratches can be caused by a nail bed literally scratching across the leather. Or some other sharp object. The parts that are most susceptible is the piece of leather running alongside the zipper and the interior leather above the lining. The rest of the bag is pretty sturdy and doesn't scratch easily. Chances are though, the NM blue Edith might be a return.

In my experience you can rub a little AG Care Lotion on those sections and make the scratch mark less noticeable. Regular handling will do that too from the oil in your hands. I got a scratch once in the interior leather portion and I just rubbed it a bit with my finger. It went away!

The blue color is turquoise, no? Its really bold and gorgeous!:tup:

It's great that the edith comes in so many colors but also confusing. Would you say whiskey (which seems to be very popular) is the most versatile color. I looking at roche and chocolate also. Thanks!

LORDGUINNY's post on Edith leather:
I actually didn't treat my Edith with Apple Guard. I do have Apple Guard Care Lotion which I've used on other leather handbags and it worked wonderfully to make the leather soft and supple. I suppose if I use Apple Guard on my Edith one day it would do the same (remember that the Care Lotion also removes build up and stains). The more you use your Edith though (no matter what the starting leather) the more it'll crumple to an attractive vintage slump - it's just the way it's structured and built.

There are definitely Edith seasons that are smooshier than others. The very first season Ediths (spring 2006 releases...some were available late in the winter of 2005, around December) were very smooshy, wrinkley and pebbled. Almost to the point where, if they were unstuffed, they would fall over. If you look at the "Edith Lover Club" thread you'll notice that the first couple of submissions are of first season Ediths. Us girls tried to find the Edith bags with the most "scrumples". Scrumples were the part of the Edith where you see bends and folds. If you notice most first season bags have scrumples on the front pocket ; later season bags are missing this. I've attached a photo for you to see the side of my bag. This is a scrumple. The 2nd and 3rd season releases don't share the same characteristics. They are more stiff, smooth and very few are pebbled.

Chloe has a problem with sustaining the consistency of their leather offerings. I think it's because they use different manufacturers for different seasons. If you ever get a chance compare '05, '06 and '07 paddington leather. To me, 2005 paddington leather is the best. Smooth as silk, pebbly and smooshy it was the best season of paddingtons. Paddingtons are still gorgeous with thick leather (specially '06) but nothing compares to the beauty of an '05 paddington.

I hope that helps!!

Thanks for the response, Lordguinny! I hope you don't mind but I had difficulty reading your post due to the pic size so I copied and pasted into MS Word, then re-pasted your post here (w/out pic) for everyone's benefit!

Hmmm... now that I know that Edith will eventually soften up, I'm on the fence about keeping a red Edith satchel from NM that's arriving today. Last week I received three other Ediths from NM (pic attached) and returned them 'coz I thought the leather would remain stiff!

Lordguinny, another question: will AG Care remove the delicious Chloe leather smell? Thanks again! :smile:

Attachments

• 2007_05312007May0023.JPG
    2007_05312007May0023.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 95
Would you say whiskey (which seems to be very popular) is the most versatile color. I looking at roche and chocolate also. Thanks!

I have a whiskey Paddington and I find it to be very versatile. It goes well with both black and brown. I have a jade Edith, which I think is just as versatile as whiskey.

Out of the choices you mentioned, I would pick whiskey. :yes: