Anyone still buying Galleria tote?

cityivy

O.G.
Apr 15, 2006
I have a small blue galleria tote that I'm thinking of selling, but it doesn't seem like there is too much demand in the preloved market for galleria totes these days. I am wondering why the decline on popularity. Any thoughts?20200521_121545.jpg

Reactions: baghag91 and Raaz
I guess bags just come and go, and the Galleria is indeed not really as popular as it once was. However, a small Galleria in a fun color in a really good condition shouldn't be a hard sell, in my opinion. But also, you have to take into account that the preloved market is pretty bad right now due to Covid-19. So I guess it's just a matter of both luck and persistence in this case.

Reactions: cityivy
I have this bag in a red colour, and I also haven't used it in a long time so I gave it to my mom (who also doesn't use it, so it just sits there). I think the trend now is small bags, although the LV Onthego is "in" right now so I'm not sure what the real trend is. I don't think Prada in general is that popular though, sadly.

I have the mini in the Galleria and still wear it often with the cross body strap. I love it. But that does lend to the 'little' bag trend that's in at the moment.

I suggest you could list it on a consignment site or keep it. It'd be great for a pop of colour in Summer at The Races.

Or could you make it your new 'work' bag and take it to the office?

I have the mini in the Galleria and still wear it often with the cross body strap. I love it. But that does lend to the 'little' bag trend that's in at the moment.

I suggest you could list it on a consignment site or keep it. It'd be great for a pop of colour in Summer at The Races.

Or could you make it your new 'work' bag and take it to the office?
Well i wanted to use it as a work bag...but it is too small!

I have the same dilemma with my black galleria tote. Unless you need the money right now, I would advice you to hold it. Who knows it might come back in a few years like the little Prada nylon hobo. I have one Prada little hobo which is reissued from 2005 and now I am selling it and already have bids unto $300 and counting....

Reactions: Raaz and cityivy
I have the same dilemma with my black galleria tote. Unless you need the money right now, I would advice you to hold it. Who knows it might come back in a few years like the little Prada nylon hobo. I have one Prada little hobo which is reissued from 2005 and now I am selling it and already have bids unto $300 and counting....

I think you're quite right that they'll come back into vogue! I love my mini but have friends who have the small and medium and want to sell. I think they're all gorgeous but do think the larger bag will come back in style in a few years!

Reactions: cityivy
I also have one in medium or large.. not sure about the size. Do not use it much either as I choose other trendier bags over it. I am not selling it because I love it. It is grey with crystals- so beautiful. I am sure it will be back in style... just a matter of time.

I agree! I think they’ll def make a comeback as they’re a great bag. You just have to hang tight and don’t undersell it.

Reactions: Raaz