Tech Anyone skipping out on the Iphone launch for the Blackberry passport?

Christofle

Enablertron
O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
I'm looking to upgrade my Iphone4S and decided after looking at the specs of the Iphone6+ to look into alternatives. What do you think of it's square-ish shape? Apparently it will make it easier to view spreadsheets and documents, since minimal scrolling will be required. In addition, it will resolve the issue of constantly flipping from portrait to landscape formats, which will be great for dealing with pictures!

What are your thoughts in general?

Attachments

• phablet.png
    phablet.png
    212 KB · Views: 281
Lol my dad bought the Iphone6+ and has returned it, after it bent in half. I'm going to be picking up my passport tomorrow, so excited :biggrin:

Oh really?!?!? I was going to pick one up later today/possibly tomorrow!! Did it really bend, like the ones shown all around the internet?! Geez I thankfully I checked tPF before I went out! Back to the thinking board! Let me know how you go with the Passport.. Might be cool to be a bit different :smile:

Oh really?!?!? I was going to pick one up later today/possibly tomorrow!! Did it really bend, like the ones shown all around the internet?! Geez I thankfully I checked tPF before I went out! Back to the thinking board! Let me know how you go with the Passport.. Might be cool to be a bit different :smile:

Its only the 6+ that really has the problem, it doesn't have enough structural integrity to support its large size and paper thinness. It might also of been a couple of lemons that slipped through quality control? As for the Passport, depending on what you use your phone for, you might want to take a look at "Blend" and some of the other new features of the current blackberry OS.

Its only the 6+ that really has the problem, it doesn't have enough structural integrity to support its large size and paper thinness. It might also of been a couple of lemons that slipped through quality control? As for the Passport, depending on what you use your phone for, you might want to take a look at "Blend" and some of the other new features of the current blackberry OS.

Well I mainly use my phone for Facebook and Instagram and texting friends, etc. So pretty basic, since I am in uni and don't really need most of the functions that the Blackberry offers and about 75% of my friends use an iPhone and they all communicate via iMessages! (Feeling a bit left out you know what I mean)... I think I should look at the 6 and not focus on the big bad boy that everyone seem to want to have (it is also cheaper as well!) - tough choices!!

I think you are right in regards to the design of the iPhone. I rather it be a little bit thicker, like the 5S was plenty thin enough for most people. Also I am concerned about the protruding camera for either phone regardless... Hmm tough choices, but I will be definitely looking at the Passport and keep you updated :smile:

Maybe it does help that I rarely put my phone in my pocket and that it is always either in my hand, in my bag or on the table or whatever so that will eliminate the chances of it bending as well :smile:

#firstworldproblems

I went to pick it up today at Bell but its sold out...and they gave me a 6 week ETA for ordering... Although luckily my dad who has a business account with Bell was able to source one, so I'll be able to pick it up once I get back home for Thanksgiving :biggrin: