Anyone ship a car cross-country?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or in the money forum, but I was wondering if anyone here has shipped a car cross-country and can recommend a good service? I'm looking to ship my car from the west coast to the east coast. I know there are millions of companies online, but apparently this is an area prone to a lot of scams, so I would appreciate if anyone could tell me about positive experiences (or negative ones) they've had with any companies. You can PM me if you don't want to post publicly. Thanks!

2. We shipped a 1965 Mustang convertable from CA to TX and it worked out great. I can't remember the name of the shipper, but if you google a few companies you can probably find reviews.
    I'll try to get the name tonight.

3. I need to ship my SUV to VA. Would love to know too..

4. I shipped my car last year from CA to NC, it was a little over $1K. I forgot the name of the company though. My husband set everything up and called several places and got quotes, etc.

5. I wanted to bump this. Anyone else have experience doing this before?

6. In 2007, we shipped a Crossfire from FL to CA and then back 3 months later :smile: We used Monstar Auto Transport. They were great both times. Sent emails with driver information including his cell phone number. Car was perfect both times. HTH.

7. ^ Thank you!

8. I used Dependable Auto Shippers when I moved to CA, and I used the site to site option, not door to door. It turned out to be a lot cheaper, and it was shipped quicker than I expected. They allowed me to put stuff in the trunk as well. From PA to CA, it cost me $750 in 2002(average then was about $1000).

9. My friend did it to switzerland from the states.. just make sure you get insurance because his car was damaged and he didn't purchase the insurance.