Anyone see the Velo L in person?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been wondering about this bag, too. I didn't realize it was a bigger version. Now I think I might want it!

2. Me too-I like the seam down the middle! I've had a black velo in the past and really loved it. I wish I could see it in person and try it on. I like how it looks length wise but it looks really tall in the photo (even though it's only 1 inch taller!).

3. I'm gonna pull up the pic on Barney's and look at it closer....will report back

4. I just took a close up look at the pics. I really like this bag. Personally, I love bigger bags. The Velo is probably my favorite style already because it holds all my things and can be worn crossbody. This may be worth getting! (Love the middle seam)

5. Velo is also my favorite style! I find the city too small, the part time too long, the work too big overall.....this one is just right (I sound like the 3 bears-lol)!

You're enabling me!! :lol:

6. LOL! The worst part is, I have more City bags than any other style, but I've really found the Velo to be the most comfortable for me overall. I also like the Day crossbody a lot, but it doesn't come in enough colors. I have it in cigar fonce and it's a great bag. I have 3 Velos, but I'm drooling over either tangerine or UV, and now this larger black one. I have a $1373 gift card for Barneys........ :graucho:

7. I really like that seam down the middle as well - I love the look, but being 5'0" the 2014 S/S adjustable strap on it's shortest setting was border-line too long on me.

So, I'm thinking unless the strap can be shortened a bit more on this one, it's not an option for me. We don't have a cobbler down here that I would trust to do professional adjustments on the strap. I'll love from afar and wait for the first reveal to see how this looks modeled =)

8. OMG, I love the UV-a stunning pop of color! I think for me I need to stick with a classic color so I would get the most use out of it. Do you have a Barney's near you so you can see it in person? My Barney's is 1/2 hr from my house....

9. I had a 2010 or 2011 Velo (can't remember the yr) but it didn't have the adjustable strap and I'm 5'5" and it was too long for me so I can imagine it being too long on you. I'd hate to mess with the bag to make it work for you. It does look like the strap on this one is adjustable though.

10. Oh no.....IT'S GONE (sold out)!! Hopefully someone here bought it so we can see up close pics! :smile:

11. I wish! I live in Tulsa, OK...there's not a Barneys anywhere in my vicinity! I have to order all my goodies online. There's no store in my area that even carries Bal. I really hate that, too, because it makes it harder to choose when I can't seem them IRL and choose the bag with the best leather, etc.

I worry that with the UV I won't end up getting much use out of it, but it is so beautiful from all the pics I've seen.

12. Thank you for posting that new link! I was so bummed when I clicked on my link this morning and it was gone!

Also, I noticed I was a little off on my measurement for the depth: classic velo is 6.5" and velo L is 8" (I had put down that classic velo was 4" deep).

13. Wow...this Velo sure looks much bigger n deeper.

Im still leaning towards the old style Velo though....