Anyone See The Purple 08 Lady Braid Bag?

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Okay so I need help, LOL. I was shopping a couple of weeks ago with my hubby and was browsing the NM Chanel counter...I see this bag high up in a case, I asked to see it, it looked black from a distance. They pulled it out of the case for me and it was actually a very deep dark purple. Just so happens that purple is my favorite color. I am torn on if I should buy it or now. Is it to much for an everyday bag? It's a little small for what I would normally carry, but would work. I am also a little nervous about the soft leather, and it showing wear easily. I was waiting to purchase it because I am trying to sell other things first :yes:. I have also been told conflicting information from Chanel on this bag. NM told me it was their last one, and Chanel didn't have it so were sending people to NM to purchase. Chanel told me they took it out of the store because it wasn't selling that great. Now, my other Chanel store told me they have one left and it's been selling the best. Opinions needed! I am not sure about this for fall or my Balenciaga Twiggy in Caramel or possibly purchasing the large cambon tote in the black with black patent cc's. Help me decide. I was also hoping for it to show on ebay, so far :tdown:.

Here's a pic by the way, the pic. doesn't do it much justice, it's prettier in person.

download

NM still has them, infact you can order it on line right now, it's in the newest catalog:

Catalog Code FSB08
Item # 3 specifiy dark purple
$1895

It's lamb but it's really so distressed that it won't show marks really, if you get one you can rub it w/ your fingertip.

for me, it's too small for an everyday bag, but I'm a tote girl.
It's lamb :yes: Lamb is young sheep, but it's actually lambskin and not sheepskin.

It's just too differnet than a Cambon tote to compare, the Cambon is more of an everyday bag IMO and this, although it could be, probably won't go w/ quite as much stuff and could be a little small for that.

I think it's a great price for a lovely bag. I love purple too. You should get it! :graucho: Distressed leather is easier to maintain compared to smooth lambskin, as Swanky said, you can rub away the light scratches with your fingertips

I would get this bag if you love purple. There are very few Chanel bags that come in purple. You can always get the cambon at a later time. It also depends on whether you want purple or black. They are both completely different styles of bag so it depends on what you are really looking for right now.