Anyone second guess their purchases??

Sep 8, 2010
Hi Ladies!! I was just wondering if any of you ever second guess a Coach purchase that you have made and if so what did you do?? I am really looking for advice on this one.....I purchased the Mia Maggie in Cranberry, Waverly Snow Queen coin pouch, and sequin wristlet to go with my Madison Midnight wallet. But I can't get the thought out of my mind that the accessories that I chose with my Midnight Wallet and the Maggie would actually go better with the silver Sophia (didn't really like the color of the mia leather in silver). I have even been second guessing the sequin wristlet as I am not sure how it will hold up over time (use it for a cosmetic case and quick out the door trips). Please give me some advice before I drive DH crazy asking him questions (he doesn't understand exchanging so much). I need to make sure that I have the RIGHT purse and accessories!! I also have the black alexandra that I will use the accessories in as well. Thanks for helping

Well, which one do you like better? The Mia Maggie in Cranberry or the Silver Sophia? While I'm sure your accessories would match both bags (perhaps, more so the Silver Sophia), I think it depends on your preference. If you like the Mia Maggie better than the Silver Sophia, just stick with what you have. Even if the Silver Sophia DOES match better, if you don't like the bag as much, it doesn't matter! Choose which one you like better :smile:

I second guess some purchases...NOW...because they are so hard to get rid of after you collect collect collect! LOL!
I am glad some of mine are rare...it should be no problem selling them...but it might take a while, because I am too scared of Ebay.
But yes, I am a LOT more cautious now. I try not to buy a bag unless it is unbelievably rare or it makes my heart skip a beat. :biggrin:

PCL, try Bonanzle instead of evil bay ;)

Yeah, I have second guessed a purchase before like when I originally bought cobalt Sophia, but exchanged her for black gathered. It wasn't that I didn't like cobalt, but it was that I wanted black gathered more so wanted her first. I ended up getting cobalt in the end though so it isn't like my taste changed or whatever.

Sometimes I wonder if I should keep my acorn Alexandra, but then I get her out and fall in love all over again. Then there are other bags like crimson Sophia that I know I can't ever part with (that is a first for me!)

Well, if you're going to keep only one and not the other, I would say go with the Sophia. I say this because you already have a Maggie and the Sophia would give you a little bit of variety. :smile:

Anyone second guess their purchases??

All the time, and it drives me nuts!
If I go to the outlet I'm tempted to buy bags for the good prices, which I'm trying to stop, because the majority of the bags I've returned have been outlet purchases.

On the other hand, if I buy from the FP store, I question myself on why I didn't wait to see if the bag would go to the outlet so I could get it for a better price!

Anyways, I say don't worry about the accessories, no one can see them anyway. Choose the bag you love the most.

I buy on ebay and second guessed a few bags that I'm stuck with. I also second guessed a couple of accessories I bought at the outlet, but I exchanged those. Now I makesure I love it before I buy on ebay. At least when I buy at the outlet I can return it if I change my mind.

^that is true. i find alot of great deals on ebay. i will watch them for like an hour and think do i really want it,or is it just the price. most of the time ill pass because i really dont want the item.

This happens to me quite a bit. I am now waiting and rethinking, rethinking, and rethinking before I buy anything. I have promised myself that before making a purchase I will go home and think about it for at least 2 days before buying. If I still want the thing after the 2 days than I will buy it. Most of the time though, I change my mind and don't buy it. I usually always regret an impulse buy. I am also getting rid of any bags that I haven't used in over 9 months. I am slowly getting my collection where I want it. I am determined to only keep the bags that I use and love the most.

I just went through the same thing...Actually, alot of ladie's have:smile:I originally got the clover print sophia...What made me change my mind, was, it being the display and having some marks on the handles.So instead of keeping it and worrying, I called and the SA that I know said to bring it back in..So that is when I seen the Small Silver Sophia..It was the last one other than the display, so I grabbed it and haven't regretted it since:smile:I'm not a leather lover, but this bag has made me think twice...I guess the best part is, I got to use my PCE and I feel that I got more for my money so to speak!!!!So I say go for whatever bag you are wanting more, the one that you keep thinking about.I have to add, that the silver sophia is stunning and I haven't been this impressed with a bag in along time....Good Luck~

^that is true. i find alot of great deals on ebay. i will watch them for like an hour and think do i really want it,or is it just the price. most of the time ill pass because i really dont want the item.
I do the same thing. I also put it on my watchlist so that I can go back later and check to see if it is something I just must have.