Anyone returning their pleated patent bag?

oriolesfan22

Loving Coach and LV
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
My first impression was that I didn't like it....then I feel in love with it after seeing all your posts. So, I debated between the pink and navy, and ordered pink last Saturday. Well, I got it on Wednesday, and I am just not sure. I am having trouble keeping it on my shoulder. I am a fluffy girl - and it doesn't stay on my shoulder. I don't have a problem with the kisslock under the arm, which was my major concern when I first saw the bag, but the bag kind of slides down my shoulder. Tonight I am going to fill it with my stuff, walk around the house with it on my shoulder, and make the decision. There's a voice in my head saying "you paid $500 for this bag - you should love it" and I am second-guessing myself on it.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I returned the pink one (the shade of pink wasn't right for me) and ordered the navy one. The navy one is BEAUTIFUL in real life. Maybe you should get that one instead.

I'm a firm believer in "if you don't love it, return it" because I bought my Mandy last year and really didn't love her, still don't love her...but I use her because I paid so much for her! And all I keep reminding myself was that I had doubts when I got her and thought I'd fall in love with her for sure, but didn't....buy something you really LOVE!!!!

Amy

If you don't love it orioles, I think you should return it, especially since the ergo satchels are not cheap... if you like the style still, maybe you should try a different color or a maybe the leather instead of the patent? i have the navy and i LOVE it, i just haven't used it yet because i'm waiting to get my accessories for it and there hasn't really been that great of weather either... :crybaby:

I'm a firm believer in "if you don't love it, return it" because I bought my Mandy last year and really didn't love her, still don't love her...but I use her because I paid so much for her! And all I keep reminding myself was that I had doubts when I got her and thought I'd fall in love with her for sure, but didn't....buy something you really LOVE!!!!

Amy

I agree with Amy! Don't keep it if you don't LOVE it. I think I tend to get caught up in what everyone else loves; it's most important that you love it!

OK, dont hate me, but I saw someone with this bag in navy yesturday. It looks so cute in pics and so on, but it did not look good to ME IRL. It looked fake (dont throw anything at me LOL, and yes hers was real), it didnt seem to fit the shoulder good, was too shiney and just looked funny.

so, for that I am not buying it now. this is just ME though. so, I say if you dont LOVE LOVE LOVE it, HAVE to have it, do not get it. with mixed emotions about it, you probably wont love it, and will end up returning it.

I think the biggest turn off for me if the fact its so shiney/bulky and honestly (shoes away from the head ladies) it looked like a plastic purse. I dont want to pay 500 for something that looks like that. I would rather a carly, patent tote or ergo, or something else.

ALL just IMO and I swear not ment to offend anyone. just an honest opinion about how I feel, but if you love the bag, you should 100% get it and own it!

Actually I returned my pink Patent last week too. I am fluffier, but short with short arms and it was too wide for me. Another problem I was having is the magnets were not staying closed and kept opening. For $500 you should LOVE it!!!! Also when I got it and showed other coach fanatics, they thought it looked fake too. One of them said it looks like something you can get at Forever 21!!!

I'm returning my pink one today. The color and leather and shape are PERFECT but she's just too wide and a little big for me. =P

So what are you gonna get now? I think you should get your Carly back, or another Carly. Please post what you get next...lol. I think that bag would be too wide for me too. I am not a big bag person at all and it just looks like it sticks out too far past the body to me.

Amy

I agree with this!! I've kept bags because I feel bad about returning, or whatever...and usually if you don't really like it, it won't get used and/or end up on Ebay later on!!

OK, dont hate me, but I saw someone with this bag in navy yesturday. It looks so cute in pics and so on, but it did not look good to ME IRL. It looked fake (dont throw anything at me LOL, and yes hers was real), it didnt seem to fit the shoulder good, was too shiney and just looked funny.

so, for that I am not buying it now. this is just ME though. so, I say if you dont LOVE LOVE LOVE it, HAVE to have it, do not get it. with mixed emotions about it, you probably wont love it, and will end up returning it.

I think the biggest turn off for me if the fact its so shiney/bulky and honestly (shoes away from the head ladies) it looked like a plastic purse. I dont want to pay 500 for something that looks like that. I would rather a carly, patent tote or ergo, or something else.

ALL just IMO and I swear not ment to offend anyone. just an honest opinion about how I feel, but if you love the bag, you should 100% get it and own it!

:wtf: Gulp! I hope you aren't in Colorado and saw me with MINE yesterday. I LOVE mine and I think she's T~D~F! I have gotten TONS of compliments every day since I have been wearing her! :girlsigh:

I absolutely ADORE mine, but I'm wearing the burnt orange leather, and thats probably not a color for everyone either!!! If you dont love it, return it. I've found that items rarely "grow" on me enough that I wind up totally thrilled with them if I didnt love them to begin with.

If you don't love it, return it! I didn't love my pink stripe shoulder bag when I saw it IRL (the pink was different than online) and kept trying to love it but I shouldn't have to try so hard, you know?

Off topic, but I love that bag in your avatar and I'm going to get that one next!

I returned my Pink Patent Pleated Satchel because I didn't like the shine, too shiny in Pink for me. And I don't like the crinkled patent that COACH seems to be making.

I did keep, and do LOVE, my Burnt Orange Leather Pleated Satchel. The color is so soft and the leather is scrumptious!

I have several other COACH patent bags, but I will admit that I searched and exchanged over & over to find ones that had more smooth patent surfaces. That was alot of work & time that I didn't want to invest again.

Besides, I now have 3 Ergo Pleated styles (Satchel, Tote & Hobo on the way), so I'm very satisfied to pass on the Patent Satchel...

So if you don't love her, return for something that makes your heart beat fast!