Anyone returning their pleated patent bag?

I think you should return it. Don't keep around a bag you don't love because it's cute or you like the color. I have done this and you never start to love it.. it just sits around in your closet. I even sold my legacy satchel because I know deep down it was too heavy and bulky for me. I loved the pond color though. Coach is always going to make more pretty things that may be PERFECT for you and you LOVE.

I tried on th denim one at Dillards last night and OMG I love the shape but I am not sure it will work for my arms either. It goes up there but doesn't feel secure... and I can't feel the kisslock either so I guess thats good.

I might try for the burnt orange one if they still have it at PCE.. maybe.

I'm very fluffy myself, and it didn't fit on my shoulder properly when I tried it on last night for the first time. I do still love it though and am going to keep it. I like the size and how light it really is (although I haven't put anything in it yet). I'm just not going to put it on my shoulder for now (until I lose some weight lol).

If you aren't 100% about it though, I say return it. Why keep a bag you aren't totally feeling right?

Thanks everyone. I love the color - and I would've loved the navy too - but the color is not the problem. And I am not even convinced that being fluffy is the problem - I just think the patent can't get a grip on my shoulder and I don't want to have to fuss with pulling it up my shoulder all the time.

I'll give it one more chance tonight after I try my stuff in there, and then if it doesn't work, I'll take it back tomorrow. I know I shouldn't spend this money and not LOVE it.

With my peony tote and my pond patent ergo, it was love at first sight when I opened the box. I'll post tomorrow and let you know if she went back to the store....I'm sad!

I have the pink patent and I adore it. I love the color, the shine and the shape. I am a fluffy gal too and while the bag does fit on my shoulder, it is not the way I want to carry this bag. I happen to like handheld bags like the Miranda and Francine. It's nice that I CAN put it up on my shoulder when I need to. Like everyone else said-if you don't LOVE it, return it!!

I think you should be absolutely positive before you return it. This bag is a big seller and will be even bigger when it hits stores next week. I would just hate for you to return it and then regret it. BUT, if you don't love it then you should certainly return it.

I have seen all the posts here and while it is a gorgeous bag, I just don't know that I love it as much as I hoped I would. I was able to see the patent bags today and I like the navy, but I have the same problem you do. They don't fit really comfortably on my shoulder and I don't know that I love them.

i am thinking of returning my pink for a black.... i love my burnt orange...
i kept my tags on the pink just in case.... it is very pretty, but the more i carry it, i just dont think it is me... :shrug:

(i have only carried it 2 times)

If you don't love it, return it! I didn't love my pink stripe shoulder bag when I saw it IRL (the pink was different than online) and kept trying to love it but I shouldn't have to try so hard, you know?
Off topic, but I love that bag in your avatar and I'm going to get that one next!

Exactly! Inherently we know what we prefer. It's okay to learn that something is not suited for us. And, it's a good thing we can return the things we don't like. I like the look of this bag, the kiss-lock etc., but it's not my style/preference.

Those of you who love it, enjoy! The rest will have success with something else!

I saw the pink at the vacaville Outlet Thursday and was drooling....
It was a customer order, then return. No discount if you wanted to buy it, but they had a weight in in & a cute scarf on it & she's a beauty, for sure!

I tried it on & it seemed to stay on my shoulder, but that could be dure to the weight...it's a pretty lightweight bag without it.

I thought it was a perfect size; perhaps the wrong color for me (I'm 50) but heck, what a "pop" it has!

I saw the pink at the vacaville Outlet Thursday and was drooling....
It was a customer order, then return. No discount if you wanted to buy it, but they had a weight in in & a cute scarf on it & she's a beauty, for sure!

I tried it on & it seemed to stay on my shoulder, but that could be dure to the weight...it's a pretty lightweight bag without it.

I thought it was a perfect size; perhaps the wrong color for me (I'm 50) but heck, what a "pop" it has!

I saw a lady return the same color at the Vacaville! Unfortunately I couldn't try it on since the SA immediately took the bag to the backroom. But at least I got a good look at the exterior. You are so lucky to try it on though. I would have loved to try it on. :wtf:

Although I wouldn't buy it since I tend to avoid buying bags that's almost $500, and wear it down with lots of normal use. My Madeline has seen better days.

I am so indecisive!!! :confused1:

Last night I loaded my french purse, agenda, card holder and small make up bag into it, and amazingly, it fits better on the shoulder. Then I tied my tattersall scarf on it and thought "OMG - how could you even think of returning this - it's gorgeous." As luvshopping said, I need to be absolutely sure before I return it. I'm meeting friends at the Cheesecake Factory today, and I'll probably pop into the Coach store and let them know that I am still thinking about it since I promised the SA's that I'd stop in to model it today. It's staying home with the tags still on it for another few days at least.

I can't believe that I can't make up my mind! And if I return it, I don't want it to be the one that got away......ARGH!!!:shocked:

I saw a lady return the same color at the Vacaville! Unfortunately I couldn't try it on since the SA immediately took the bag to the backroom. But at least I got a good look at the exterior. You are so lucky to try it on though. I would have loved to try it on. :wtf:

Although I wouldn't buy it since I tend to avoid buying bags that's almost $500, and wear it down with lots of normal use. My Madeline has seen better days.

How funny that you saw it too! I went Thursday morning & they had it right there on the counter displayed; they said they wouldn't be sending it back, but I was welcome to buy it at full price, lol!

It's gorgeous, but I think I like the orange leather...it would take you on into Fall even.

To the OP...good luck deciding! It is a lot to spend on a bag that you don't love, but I have a feeling these will sell out quickly after seeing how many people were drooling over it at the outlet.

I actually just bought a "pink patent pleated ergo" (PPPE) today, from the Coach store. It was a special order from another customer; she ended up not liking the shade of pink and left it. So I bought it, for a few reasons a) I was told there are only 70 left in inventory and it hasn't hit the stores yet b) pink, regardless of the shade, is a much more versatile and classic color than initially thought (I watched a few episodes of "What Not To Wear", and now I am convinced there is not a bad shade of pink) c) although the leather may be a little less daring, the PPPE is a good purse, it's unique, it makes a statement, keep it, bring it out when you want to flaunt your alter-ego...if it falls off your shoulder, use it as a handbag. Bottom line, you should enjoy it. The occasion is made with the bag...