Anyone regret a St. Louis GM?

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
One would think I'd hate this size as I do have a rather large Longchamp Le Pliage that I abhor cuz my stuff just floats about. However, after seeing the handbag of my dreams - in a GM, no less, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Have any of you ladies or gents ever purchased a GM and then regret it and wish you had get a PM instead? Btw, I'm super petite - 5'4 and a maybe buck (sopping wet). TIA!

I have two GMs and love them both! You can carry tons of stuff or just a little and it's not uncomfortable or awkward either way. I don't think you will have the same problem with the GM as with the Longchamp because Goyard does not zip so it opens nice and wide. Plus it does not have a dark interior so it does not look like a black hole.

Use purse inserts like chameleon, or G2G or VIP or pursekit, makes it easier to organize the inside of your bag.

And there is somewhat more structure to the Goyard vs the LC.

I love my GM, but have a PM too.

Hi hermes_lemming! I posted pictures of my new St. Louis GM a few days ago, so that might help you decide if the size is too large for you. I'm nearly 5'4" and on the petite side and I don't think the GM is too big for me, but I do tend to like larger bags. It looks kinda odd if I don't carry a lot, but sometimes when I carry my PM, it's not big enough!! If I carry my usuals (long wallet, small LeSportSac makeup bag, sunglasses, book, keys, Blackberry) that is perfect for the PM, but if I toss in a sweater or clothes to stay at my SO's, then I find the PM a bit crowded. If you want more pictures or have any other questions feel free to ask! :flowers:

I just ordered the PM from BG....oh gosh, I hope I don't regret it and want a GM- though if I do, will just get the GM in a different color:smile: I got the white, so wanted to be safer on the smaller side:smile:

Hi! I recently just purchased a PM and I think it's perfect for me. I'm also petite around 5'4", 115lbs. :smile: In any case, whatever you choose I'm sure you'll be happy with it. If you do make a mistake, think of it as a chance to buy another bag in a different size and color :P

Ok, so I tried the PM, and that looked too safe. Now the GM....:thinking:

HL - I have both. I used a PM for about six months and sometimes felt like I needed a little more space. I got a GM about three weeks ago and have been using it since. At first it seemed really big. I still don't ever fill it up, but I'm getting used to the size now and I really like it. No regrets. I used my PM the other day and it seemed tiny.

I wish they'd make something in between.

HL - I have both. I used a PM for about six months and sometimes felt like I needed a little more space. I got a GM about three weeks ago and have been using it since. At first it seemed really big. I still don't ever fill it up, but I'm getting used to the size now and I really like it. No regrets. I used my PM the other day and it seemed tiny.

I wish they'd make something in between.

goodness, me too....that would be ideal, the pm could be roomier and the gm hangs down so far on my butt because i'm only 5'3"...and lord knows i don't need anymore junk in (or on or near) my trunk:P

Just wanted to update you on my GM! I got it a little more than a month ago and have used it maybe 10 times since. The size felt a bit daunting at first, but now I am sooo comfortable with it. Yes, it is a large bag, but I feel like my GM has started to break in and become less stiff, making it looks less awkward when I don't schlep my life in it hahaha. It would be the perfect size if I was still in school, but I still use it often nonetheless. HTH! :smile: