anyone really hard on their shoes???

world wanderer

January- !Sevilla!
Sep 28, 2008
i dont know why but every shoe i own ends up falling apart. ive been told this means im really hard on my feet. but dont know what that means exactly. it doesnt matter if i spend 20$ or 220$ on a pair of shoes, they start to rip and wear very quickly. i even got a pair of choos and the first time wearing them i ripped the little rubber part of the heel off! does anyone else have this kind of problem or know how to stop it???:confused1:

purseaddict**

c'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
I know exactly what you mean!!! Unfortunately, I am extremely hard on my shoes (not on purpose) and maybe because I am somewhat clumsy. My DH gives me a hard time and says that I am too hard on my feet.

If I have pointy shoes, the ends get scraped up on the first day! It may be it is my walk!! A lot of my heels lose the rubber tip or they wear down unevenly. NOW, if I see that the ends are wearing too quickly, I take them to the shoe hospital! They can add a tip to help them wear evenly.

Just wanted to let you know that I have that problem too!!

princesskara

Princeskara
O.G.
Jul 5, 2008
I have this problem as well. I always joke that maybe I need physical therapy. Once I started to be more conscience of how I was walking, I have gotten some what better. However, I mostly buy cheaper line (Steve Madden and Jessica Simpson are my favs) to deal with this. Its how i walk - I always joke I have to wear heals everyday otherwise I still trip but look sillier. I always blame it on the shoes LOL!

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
luckily i'm not. my shoes last. i've a pair of 11 year old ferragamos that look brand new. i clean my shoes after every wear and i almost never wear them 2 days in a row. so far my shoes are holding strong :smile: perhaps it's because i'm a light walker, i always scare the lights out of my hubby cos he never hears me walk into the room.

sfmelissa

Jun 27, 2008
I'm really hard on my shoes too. Yesterday I wore a brand new pair of heels for the first time and by the end of the day, the tip on the heel was already worn unevenly. I tend to shy away from wearing luxe shoes because I can't justify the $500 price tag when I know I'll destroy them....but it doesn't stop me from buying the copycat version (not knockoffs, just lookalikes) for $30 or $50 in the mall.....that way away I can enjoy the beauty of the design without worrying about flushing my money down the worn-out shoe drain!!

world wanderer

January- !Sevilla!
Sep 28, 2008
im glad im not the only one out there! my problem is that shoes are my favorite thing, and im always wanting to buy funky expensive shoes , but theyre always ruined so quickly. i have a pair of snakeskin flats and i wore a hole right through the bottom of them ! lol.. i guess i just have to buy cheap shoes from now on :sad:.. im jealous of you loves, my shoes dont make it through one year!

ColdSteel

Lover of moto jackets, vintage, and cats
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
im glad im not the only one out there! my problem is that shoes are my favorite thing, and im always wanting to buy funky expensive shoes , but theyre always ruined so quickly. i have a pair of snakeskin flats and i wore a hole right through the bottom of them ! lol.. i guess i just have to buy cheap shoes from now on :sad:.. im jealous of you loves, my shoes dont make it through one year!

Have you ever gotten your shoes resoled? I'm hard on my shoes too (fast walker) and I seem to wear down the outsides of my heels the first (thanks to ballet training). I inspect my shoes after every wear (I'm somewhat of a fetishist and can be obsessive) whether they're tennis shoes or Louboutins!

This is what I did to my Louboutins in one year.
2819188800_e435fb6414.jpg

I need to get them resoled and reheeled. I wore the heels down super fast.

world wanderer

January- !Sevilla!
Sep 28, 2008
i think ive got you beat coldsteel! my snakeskins that i wore a hole through, and a pair of kitten heels that are now flats! lol.. i havent even had these for that long! the snakes are from the spring and the black ones i only wore for one season.. both were over a hundred which is a lot for a uni student like me! ive thought about getting my damaged shoes resoled, how much does that usually cost? i dont know if it would be more worthwhile to just buy new shoes instead...

Attachments

• PICT0193.JPG
    PICT0193.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 88
  • PICT0195.JPG
    PICT0195.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 92

candice19

Oct 21, 2007
i think ive got you beat coldsteel! my snakeskins that i wore a hole through, and a pair of kitten heels that are now flats! lol.. i havent even had these for that long! the snakes are from the spring and the black ones i only wore for one season.. both were over a hundred which is a lot for a uni student like me! ive thought about getting my damaged shoes resoled, how much does that usually cost? i dont know if it would be more worthwhile to just buy new shoes instead...
:wtf:

WOW. I think you won the "hard on shoes" contest!!!

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
I am hard on shoes, but I find that I can extend their life by checking them after each wear, and being really aggressive about preventative re-soling and re-heeling. I often find that the replacement heel taps my cobbler puts on last longer than the heels that came with my shoes. The replacement rubber soles also last longer than the original leather soles. Another thing I do is when I have pointy shoes, I get a little rubber tap put on the sole of the toe point. It gives extra reinforcement which keeps it from getting as scuffed/worn out, since that is one spot where I really mess up shoes.

ColdSteel

Lover of moto jackets, vintage, and cats
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007

It depends on the cobbler and what you get them resoled with. Rubber is pretty much standard. It's something you'd want to get done before there's holes in your shoes!