Books & Music anyone read Twilight??

Status
Not open for further replies.
renee, if you keep reading you will see why rosalie does not like bella. it is all explained in the third book "eclipse". you also find out why alice cannot remember her human life. you pretty much find out about how everyone in the cullen family was made.

this series is definitely my favorite (besides harry potter...). i read the entire thing in 4 days, and am re-reading it slowly now (i read so fast i felt i needed to take time to re-read). i love it sooo much though and recommend it to anyone!!

OMG!!!!!!!
now there's a THREAD about these books???
They have a Myspace about it, even the characters have Myspaces!!!!
I'm not reading the series (too busy with school)...but my little sister has me going out of my way for the damn books!!! "Go to the library!" "Get me this book!" I got 2 out of the 3 books for her!!!
But, according to her, it's "so sad." and "great".....she's always reading them. One day i asked her, "what are they about anyways?" and she said "about vampires and werewolves." oookay...
But everyone likes what they like,,i bet i would like it too, i just don't have time.
my sister said her friend cried when Edward left Bella in the forest in New Moon.
She says "Twilight" is the best outta the 3 books.

****POTENTIAL SPOILERS****
I just got done reading the second book new moon, and im still not impressed.Now I do understand that these are young adult books, that generally are supposed to appeal to hordes of young girls,but I do not know what all the hype is for about these books! Adding on to what I said in a previous post, I found some new things that kinda made me dislike them even more.
First of all, Bella is totally annoying. She is helpless, weak, and downright dim. She is so dependant on the love of a male counterpart (edward) .Bella is a weak sniveling heroine who seemed to scream and seek male protection constantly.
Then, half of the fricken book, including twilight, all the author writes about for pages upon pages upon pages, is how much they love each other, and how beautiful edward is, and how bella would just die without him, and how depressed she is...yadda yadda yadda...how boring.
Edward seems far from admirable; so okay he didn't eat her but all he appears to do is insist that he should have left Bella and then repeatedly put her in danger. He is unkind to her, unrealistic, and the whole vampire thing in general came across very shabbily, compared to say anne rice. The plot left so much to be desired. Alice was really the only interesting character, with perhaps the exception of Carlisle.
now some of you might be wondering why i continue to read these, and honestly my answer is that once i start a series i feel compelled to read them even if they arent neccesarily my favorite, but i am a big reader so i dont really mind. Just my two cents.
I would love to hear some more of what you guys think though

ok, well all you said is pretty much true. but i just read them and enjoy them because there cute and very differnet from anything else i've read. And i think there the longest books i've ever read. lol. i used to hate reading when i was yonger but now i like it so twilight was a long one for me but i finished it in less than a week. so, ya it dosent have much character depth except for maybe edwards expressions, but there just fun to read and put yourself in characters places. plus when i started reading twilight i had alot in common with bella, in how she just moved and started a new school...that my opinion. so now im about to start new moon this week.

I'm a huge fan of her writing style. She is so descriptive. Most everyone I have talked to (who read at least Twilight) fell in love with Edward. :love:

*bump* for those currently reading it.

I'm reading it for the second time, I love it all over again.
Question - why does she write Bella saying, "Holy crow!" I always thought it was "holy cow"?

Status
Not open for further replies.