Anyone Put Scentsy Scent Paks / Circles In LV Bags?

I have never heard of the product, but I try to keep my bags smelling neutral.

Yoogi's listings mention scents / odors in the bags they sell (even light perfume), so I worry that scent would be bad for resale (even though I have never sold a bag).

If you think you might ever try to sell the bag, I would avoid scents. If it is yours for life, enjoy the scent paks in your bag! :smile: However, depending on how powerful the scent is, it's always good to be conscious of people around you with fragrance allergies. :smile:

Absolutely, a fragrance is a dealbreaker if you had to sell it someday. Many of us do wind up selling occasionally, even when we didn't plan to--if a bag just doesn't work out or something. I myself wouldn't purposely add in something that could be a negative down the road.

The scent is not strong, I have to bring the bag within 10 inches of my nose to even smell it, but it keeps the items inside nicely "fresh" IMO.

ALL of my items are pre loved, all have come with a vintage aroma to them and I love it. If any kind of scent is a obstacle for you, NEVER buy pre owned, it is all but guaranteed to have some sort of scent, even if it is just storage scent.

Basically if you want new, buy new and pay for new. I converse via email with my LV eBay sellers from Japan, almost universally their biggest complaints are customers who are expecting to get new and pay used prices, something for nothing and that just doesn't happen.

The responses are to your question of do we do it, and some of us are explaining why we don't.

For the record, I've bought plenty of preowned in various brands without added scent being an issue, so it's possible to maintain a bag in a way such that buyers are satisfied regarding lack of odors.

The responses are to your question of do we do it, and some of us are explaining why we don't.

For the record, I've bought plenty of preowned in various brands without added scent being an issue, so it's possible to maintain a bag in a way such that buyers are satisfied regarding lack of odors.

What I was relaying is the sentiments of my personal sellers and their experiences with their various customers. Without exception, they make a point of putting in "vintage" smell if nothing else is readily apparent, if for example a woman has carried makeup with a slight scent, that is put into the listing, cigarette / tobacco residual odor is a huge one also. My sellers assume, upfront, that any smells are an issue and the huge majority will put in their ads if you are sensitive to smell, you might want to consider buying new.

I was making no judgments, simply relaying what my sellers have told me.

If I buy preloved, I drop in a dryer sheet for a few days, so that any one elses odors are erased. After that, nope, I want no scents in my bags. Have purchased preloved with no scent at all, which is perfect for me.

If I buy preloved, I drop in a dryer sheet for a few days, so that any one elses odors are erased. After that, nope, I want no scents in my bags. Have purchased preloved with no scent at all, which is perfect for me.
+ 1 tumble dryer sheets are excellent in pre loved items. Removes any initial odour after a few days and then it's just neutral after that.

I did want to add, that for me, who has always only bought pre loved bags and other items in the luxury line, I never plan on selling anything I have purchased.

The biggest reason why is that no one would pay me what I would demand for one. When I get an item, say for example the last bag I bought, my LV Speedy Mono 25 for $190, the first thing I do is invest time, labor, cleaning/conditioning product, to clean it up and this is at least a multiple days process if not weeks. My effort is labor intensive, I would expect to be compensated well for it. IF I were to consider selling this LV Speedy 25, once I have finished, the price would have jumped from $190 to at LEAST $350 if not more. I am fully aware those most people are not going to pay that for a vintage piece. That is real OK with me, I purchase to keep. :smile:

I did want to add, that for me, who has always only bought pre loved bags and other items in the luxury line, I never plan on selling anything I have purchased.

The biggest reason why is that no one would pay me what I would demand for one. When I get an item, say for example the last bag I bought, my LV Speedy Mono 25 for $190, the first thing I do is invest time, labor, cleaning/conditioning product, to clean it up and this is at least a multiple days process if not weeks. My effort is labor intensive, I would expect to be compensated well for it. IF I were to consider selling this LV Speedy 25, once I have finished, the price would have jumped from $190 to at LEAST $350 if not more. I am fully aware those most people are not going to pay that for a vintage piece. That is real OK with me, I purchase to keep. :smile:

I'd love to see your preLoved collection. The fruits of your labor - sounds like you put a lot of care into them.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I'd love to see your preLoved collection. The fruits of your labor - sounds like you put a lot of care into them.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I am making an effort, as we speak, to learn HOW to properly use my "newish" Nikon D3000 DSLR camera, got it about a month ago. I am taking an online course to learn the basics of Apeture, ISO, White Balance, etc. As soon as I have the elementary basics down, I will begin to take some pics. :smile:

I am making an effort, as we speak, to learn HOW to properly use my "newish" Nikon D3000 DSLR camera, got it about a month ago. I am taking an online course to learn the basics of Apeture, ISO, White Balance, etc. As soon as I have the elementary basics down, I will begin to take some pics. :smile:

Alright then. You have a wonderful night dear.

Be Blessed MoNikki