Anyone purchased the Easy bag yet?

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
I haven't really heard a lot of talk about the Easy Y Satchel except for a few past threads. Wondering if anyone is a fan of this bag? I like the pics of LiLo in the celebs/ysl thread. It also seems like it sits comfortably on the shoulder.

So what's the consensus on this bag? Also, does anyone know if the larger size comes in road grey or cobalt blue? I remember someone made mention that these colors were available but not sure on the size or if US ordered any.

attachment.php

I tried it on and while I like it, the bottom is slouchy when I put in my stuff the bottom sagged, that bugged me. The larger size (what Lindsey has) comes in black, road gray, and a metallic gold. There is a smaller size and that comes in black, a teal and Nordstrom will have it in a acid yellow. I think there are more colors but those are the only ones I can remember.

Thanks pikeeygrl! The saggy bottom doesn't bother me that much (on the bag that is). Did you find it sat well on your shoulder?

I might give a call to a YSL boutique and see what colors they have.

Thanks pikeeygrl! The saggy bottom doesn't bother me that much (on the bag that is). Did you find it sat well on your shoulder?

I might give a call to a YSL boutique and see what colors they have.

It fit on my shoulder pretty well. I am sorta on the fence about it. The saggy bottom did bother me, but now it's growing on me.

It looks like a slouchy Muse to me -
I wonder if it weighs a little less?

Yea, kind of does. I love me some good slouch! :roflmfao: I called YSL Houston today and the large comes in the gold, brown, black, and road gray. I'm soooo wanting the gray!
Large $1495
Small $1185 or $1195 - I forgot.

Side​
PAAAIAPGALOCBCGH.jpg

I like this color too - it's from shirise.com - they call it "Rose Tan", which I guess is different from "pink tan"?
I'd love to see "road gray" - has anyone seen it yet?

so what's the thought on the "Y" - yea or nay?

Yea, that color is great...pretty unique too. I called my Saks and NM and both said they didn't order it in road gray. Bummer. Guess I'll have to order from the boutique. Anyone know what the return policy is if the size is wrong?

I personally think that if you preferred the small over medium Downtown, you'll want the smaller size of the Easy bag. It's a totally different style so that may make a difference in the size you want, but the larger one is not a small bag.

I checked them out in person yesterday and it didn't do much for me personally, but LiLo is wearing it well in her photos. I saw the large in black and gold and the small in silver and blue (which they're calling either teal or turquoise). It's a very casual-looking bag, it almost looked like a duffle bag to me in the larger size (when it's just stuffed with tissue and not sagging), although the metallics do dress it up a bit more. The little fasteners that you undo to turn it into a tote/overnight style are really tight which is good overall so you don't have to worry about them popping open, but they were so tight that I had to stop trying to close them and let the SA deal with it so I wouldn't destroy the bag.

Inside, it's completely open with a zip pocket on one side and a cell phone pocket on the other, so you'd be able to fit almost anything in there (in the larger size, at least). It's extremely lightweight, it really weighs almost nothing. The regular leathers have a distressed look where the color varies along with the texture which adds to the casual vibe of the bag.

I'd love to see pics of the road grey if you go that way, I wasn't able to see that one for myself!

At Shirise.com they have the road grey, but they are calling it dark brown. IRL you can see the grey tones and the variations in color. It is hard to capture in a photo. When my SA first sent me a pic, I thought he made a mistake as it looked black. It is different in person. I am loving the color, just hoping for it in another style. The small one is supposed to come in what Nordstrom's is describing as acid yellow, which I am excited about too. Once again I hope it's on a different style though!

I went to see it in person today - I do like it
I was hoping the smaller would be the size of the Balenciaga twiggy, but it's not quite as long
the larger size is nice, a little bit luggage-ish for me, but I'm not really a big bag person
I saw the teal and the silver - both were nice - the plain leather is matte and casual - the sparkle on the metallic color is great
the bag has feet on the bottom, I'm always torn whether I like bags with slouchy bottoms to have feet
I thought the "Y" was quite understated and makes the bag an interesting satchel
this bag is promising, I didn't run to the counter with it, but I am considering it - I'd like to see more colors - the yellow sounds intriguing

^^ too funny! I went to my Saks to check it out again. I'm actually digging the smaller size now. They only had the black but saw a pic of the road gray in their look book. I really like it but just like you alisonanna, I wasn't running to the counter w/ it. I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to get it. Waiting for my regular SA to get back from vacation to think about it. With a 5 3/4 in drop length it's a little snug under the arm when wearing over the shoulder. I know it's meant to be a top handle bag but was curious nonetheless. I just loove the texture of the leather, the shade of gray used, and how lightweight it is. I've yet to find a gray bag that has everything I'm looking for. This bag has just about everything except for the drop length.

Decisions decisions!