Anyone purchase preloved from elady?

I had a less than stellar experience with elady. I ordered from her, received shipping confirmation and tracking quickly and once it made it to JFK, my bag went from the inward office of exchange to the outward office of exchange and then back to sender. It was returned on 3/21 and I just received confirmation today that it is back in Japan. Communication was great with Tessa at ELady during this but obviously I was concerned about the issue at customs so I canceled the order. Just wanted to pass this on; I spoke with a postal worker who was also concerned about the customs issue and, of course, he referenced the customs "crack down" on counterfeit goods. Thanks!!

I had a less than stellar experience with elady. I ordered from her, received shipping confirmation and tracking quickly and once it made it to JFK, my bag went from the inward office of exchange to the outward office of exchange and then back to sender. It was returned on 3/21 and I just received confirmation today that it is back in Japan. Communication was great with Tessa at ELady during this but obviously I was concerned about the issue at customs so I canceled the order. Just wanted to pass this on; I spoke with a postal worker who was also concerned about the customs issue and, of course, he referenced the customs "crack down" on counterfeit goods. Thanks!!

I don't see how you can hold elady at fault for a US Customs event. There was nothing she could have done to prevent that, including sending an authentic item. Customs ruined the transaction by making that call--who knows what their expertise was.

Last edited:

Hmmmm that's what I was worried about. I ordered an LV on Etsy from Italy that was Caroldiva verified. So obviously not fake. I live in the US and it has been sitting in customs for 3 weeks now, I'm worried they are going to say it's 'fake' and/or it will get lost. Just today I saw this Elady shop for the first time and got really excited and was considering ordering from them, but IDKKKK, US customs makes me nervous.

Also, is anyone else here from the US? Do you have to pay taxes on things you order from them? I've never had to pay taxes to receive a package before but am curious, because it would add on to the overall cost of the bag, so it might not even be worth it for me to order from them as opposed to a US seller.

Also, is anyone else here from the US? Do you have to pay taxes on things you order from them? I've never had to pay taxes to receive a package before but am curious, because it would add on to the overall cost of the bag, so it might not even be worth it for me to order from them as opposed to a US seller.

I live in California and have never had to pay taxes or customs fees. I've purchased from Japan and Canada and have never had to pay. I think it might be the state you're located in (but, I'd double check with customs - just in case).

You might Google customs info on incoming purchases. I don't have any expreience with incoming Intl bags (so far) but have with handmade Tango shoes and I mail handmade glass all the time Internationally. I would bet there is a value limit, just like with tango shoes. If the items value goes over a certain amount, you would probably end up paying customs on it.

Just wanted to say that I bought from elady [from eBay store] and the box arrived quickly and was well packaged. The bag, pochette twin, was in great condition and better than described. Am very happy with purchase and will consider her again.
sailersaturn let us know when you recieve your bag and what you think....

It varies and is totally random if Customs decided to check your package. I had to pay an extra 10% of the value of my bag when the mailman delivered it.

Just wanted to say that I bought from elady [from eBay store] and the box arrived quickly and was well packaged. The bag, pochette twin, was in great condition and better than described. Am very happy with purchase and will consider her again.
sailersaturn let us know when you recieve your bag and what you think....
M.A.C. - I just posted a detailed review of my buying experience here. Hope you find it helpful! :smile: