Anyone pumped for the Australian Open?

I'm now watching Baghdatis v Hewitt. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but I cannot stand hewitt. I just cannot stand him. UGH UGH UGH Even typing his name makes me want to kill him. Great player, filthy attitude.

Go Marco!! :yahoo::woohoo::popcorn:

It was my sister's 20th last night, after a night out of parting we got home at 3 and instead of sleeping we watched the match into the wee hours of the morning.

I totally agree on Hewitt!!! He is SUCH AN AHOLE!!!!! I went for Marco, it was so sad to see him loosing, then drawing then finally loosing. Hes such a relaxed likable guy, even when he's stressed and on the brink of loosing he has his cheeky smile.

It was my sister's 20th last night, after a night out of parting we got home at 3 and instead of sleeping we watched the match into the wee hours of the morning.

I totally agree on Hewitt!!! He is SUCH AN AHOLE!!!!! I went for Marco, it was so sad to see him loosing, then drawing then finally loosing. Hes such a relaxed likable guy, even when he's stressed and on the brink of loosing he has his cheeky smile.

Oh! Happy Bday to your sister!

And ITA, Marcos is lovely - I piked halfway through the match as it was way past my bedtime (how on earth do they get through a day of nerves and then play until 5:00am??) but I just saw the highlights - lovely lovely Marcos: he is a gorgeous loser... I thought they way he congratulated Hewitt was a fantastic show of sportsmanship.

Nono don't worry, I can't stand Hewitt either! I don't care if he's Australian. I think he's only Australian in title, I certainly don't want people to think we're all arrogant!

How is it going? I stopped watching because I didn't think their match could top Federer's. You can tell me all about it when I come back on tomorrow :yes:.

Well, I don't think it beat the Federer match, but there were some serious cliffhangers... what am I saying? It really was a fantastic match.

I felt so sorry for Baghdatis when he came on - people were booing him... what has sport come to? I mean seriously, if you're going for someone, clap, cheer and scream for them, but to boo someone simply because you're supporting the other guy - that is poor f*cking form. I can't stand Hewitt, but I wouldn't boo him!

Sorry, I'm still very worked up yet sleepy LOL It was such a long match and I piked at 3:30am to go to sleep :crybaby:

I had trouble getting out of bed this morning cos I stayed up and watched the whole of the Hewitt vs. Baghdatis match :sleepy: I was so cut that Baghdatis lost, especially seeing him in tears after the match :crybaby:What a lovely guy! Hewitt on the other hand... lol I dislike him with a passion :yucky: :ninja:

The Fed vs Tip match had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! :sweatdrop: I felt bad for Tippy because he played an incredible match and was sooo close to making headlines! Wasn't it so kind of Federer to say in the interview at the end - sometimes we wish there could be draws in tennis. lol What a gentleman! MARRY ME! haha :heart::shame:

Oh! Happy Bday to your sister!

And ITA, Marcos is lovely - I piked halfway through the match as it was way past my bedtime (how on earth do they get through a day of nerves and then play until 5:00am??) but I just saw the highlights - lovely lovely Marcos: he is a gorgeous loser... I thought they way he congratulated Hewitt was a fantastic show of sportsmanship.

ITA there are lots of athletes who can learn from his attitude. Just because they are your competitor doesn't mean they aren't human.

notables for me:
Mardy Fish ....you get such an opportunity then you bomb?!?!
Gasquet and Tsonga, but where's Monfils? The French youth looks strong.
Safin vs. Bagdatis high level of play
Tipsavirich (sp) - what a talented effort
Sam Query - I love his attitude, I look forward to great things from him!

Well, I don't think it beat the Federer match, but there were some serious cliffhangers... what am I saying? It really was a fantastic match.

I felt so sorry for Baghdatis when he came on - people were booing him... what has sport come to? I mean seriously, if you're going for someone, clap, cheer and scream for them, but to boo someone simply because you're supporting the other guy - that is poor f*cking form. I can't stand Hewitt, but I wouldn't boo him!

Sorry, I'm still very worked up yet sleepy LOL It was such a long match and I piked at 3:30am to go to sleep :crybaby:

People were booing him? I bet they take Hewitt as their role model...
So sad Hewitt win... because I took Safin's loss hard, so i'm like Baghdatis better be good, but he lost! Bah!

notables for me:
Mardy Fish ....you get such an opportunity then you bomb?!?!
Gasquet and Tsonga, but where's Monfils? The French youth looks strong.
Safin vs. Bagdatis high level of play
Tipsavirich (sp) - what a talented effort

Sam Query - I love his attitude, I look forward to great things from him!

Nearly cried when Safin lost. I wanted to smash him like he smashed his racquet :sweatdrop:.

Lol you know how the scores just show the first three letters of their last name? It means I end up not remembering any of the more 'exotic' names except the first three letters. I call him "Tipman".

Ohoh.. first Nadal match against Serbian Victor Tro-something was pretty enjoyable for me for some reason. I really liked the young Serbian man.

Oh and Tipman had been making pretty awesome headlines today about how he 'nearly' beat Federer. Lol poor guy.

^^I chimed in just as it happened - Roddick was screaming at the umpire, asking him if he dropped out of school or something. Then he started yelling at the crowd, telling the kids to stay in school or they would end up becoming umpires.

I don't really get it either; it looked like he had lost and just vented like crazy... as far as I saw, there was no real catalyst to his tantrum! Anyone see the whole thing in context?

^^I chimed in just as it happened - Roddick was screaming at the umpire, asking him if he dropped out of school or something. Then he started yelling at the crowd, telling the kids to stay in school or they would end up becoming umpires.

I don't really get it either; it looked like he had lost and just vented like crazy... as far as I saw, there was no real catalyst to his tantrum! Anyone see the whole thing in context?

Lol I watched it on youtube. Hilarious... in a bad way. Really quite glad Kohl...man won because Roddick just wasn't being a good sportsman.

Or as one of the papers said, the "A-rod didn't bring his A-game".

And CRAAAAAAP I can't watch Federer play today... I need to go to work! So annoyed.

I hope Novak (I am not even going to try to spell his name...) beats the crap out of Hewitt tonight. I wouldn't be able to stand it if Novak lost.

^ :lol: "Kohl....man" - you crack me up, helium

Yeah I'm going for Novak too. But if Hewitt loses, I'm sure he'll blame his late night match with Baghdatis. Whenever he loses, it's always someone else's fault, or an injury's fault or the court surface's fault WAH WAH WAH

Lol court surface, I loved it how he ranted on and on and on and on about that! I remember him saying something about he was appalled that no one had done anything about the court surfaces (for his sole benefit) when he was 'trying to make Australian tennis better'.

By wasting millions on new courts, yeah.

^ I just found it amusing that other players either a) had no problem with the courts or b) mentioned them, but not as the deciding factor in matches they lost.

Plus, I think it's a signature mark of the Australian Open now. I remember there was a big fuss about the grass at Wimbledon and the gravel at Rolland-Garros when I was a kid... people eventually get over it and (I think) become quite fond of it in the end!