Anyone protects their spy from blushing/fading??

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, just wondering whether you spray your spy/baby spy with leather protector (such as appleguard) to protect the untreated lamb skin from blushing/fading? I was told by the local SA that it;s part of the character of the bag to "age" and the fading is "natural"!!

I'm just a bit concerned that the "fading" would be uneven and the bag becomes funny looking and that's the last thing I want after spending so much on a bag!!

Please share your experience, much appreciated!!:yes:

2. BLB - A good question. I don't know how others feel about the blushing & I hear a lot of chatter & concern about it, but the newer bags are pretty well protected. I did purchase a used chocolate bag that had substantial blushing & after a good conditioning, I liked it better than a new non-blushing bag to be quite honest. The Nappa leather gets softer with use and if you keep it in good care & conditioned, the blushing is not noticeable except in a nice way, it gives it more character - not a dramatic change in color in my opinion. Its like patina on an LV - only I think I personally like it better. If you truly don't like the blushing, it can be color enhanced to make it more uniform (without formal strip & redying) - I don't believe this would be recommended by Fendi, but i know it can be done ;).

3. Thank you so much for your response, very informative, greatly appreciated!:P

I'll be receiving my first spy soon - a baby spy in congnac color. Very excited and just want to know how to protect it so I won't be upset with myself later! Will you spray it with a protector before use or just clean and condition as you go?

4. I wouldn't worry about it for a while, believe it is already coated with protectant - you'll see when it shows up. Condition maybe once a year or as needed, they hardly require it. Here is a recent thread on the subject you might find helpful:

http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/how-to-take-care-of-fendi-spy-bag-115446.html

BTW congrats on getting a baby cognac spy :yahoo:! You should post pics on the baby spy club....! :wlae:

5. Thank you so much for your help, will post pics when I get it!!:P