Anyone print shipping label off of Paypal?

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
How do you input the weight of your item? I'm assuming you have a scale at home? Does that match with the post office's scale? I ask because I've taken packages to fedex and usps and sometimes the weight is different by a little. I would love to print labels from home but don't want a package returned to me for not having enough postage.

I have a postal scale, I think I just ordered it from USPS.COM -- but you can use any scale meant for the size envelopes/boxes you want to weigh.

I've never had anything returned to me for weighing the wrong amount. A few ounces difference generally won't make for a rate change unless you're jumping across weight classes.

There have been one or two occasions where PayPal was wrong about costs and I ended up having to either pay the difference or change shipping methods. The latter was because I was shipping internationally and the price PayPal gave me was less than half of what it would have actually cost, so I had to switch to a cheaper method at the post office.

^^ I also save a bit on postage by printing out the shipping labels at home. I save anywhere from 5% to 8% off postage for international packages and about 3% to 5% off for domestic parcels.

I always print my labels thru PayPal. As already stated, you get a small discount this way and dropping off packages is always much faster than standing in long lines.

I got my scale thru eBay years ago for $10.00 and I've never had a problem with it being inaccurate.

I use PayPal if I'm doing flat rate boxes or if I already know the weight of the package. Most of the items I've sold have been shoes and they weigh :heart: lbs, so I just mark them as 3 lbs.