Anyone Owns A Massai??

GGA, AKA Massai Goddess, I thought so. The bag is really long on me. I stand 5'6'', and wear heels to look taller. People always say "how tall are you? 5'8"?" and I say "sure, um hum". The bag is really new. I don't see any wear at all except that it is pliable, but that is the type of bag it is. You fell into a puddle? A good thing
you didn't fall into the gulf! In NYC, if an SUV or a cab goes by and you are
too close to the curb, you definitely fell into a puddle!
Lucky for me I have new contact lenses. But, i thank you for allowing me to get this one, as I know you had a hankering for it. I heard it through the Massai vine! Actually, I just clicked on to get it and then googled the name, after I bought it and y'all came right up, already registered , I decided to join the discussion. I remember trying it on in a store once and really wanting it!

I really need this bag after seeing and handling hlfinn's recently (it is the PM, right?)
Can someone review what colors/leathers are possible? I have a lot of clemence so I think I'd like to try another leather...?evergrain...am afraid of swift...
I never thought much about this bag until I saw it IRL and now I am positively fixated after reading this thread and seeing the photos of CBK with it....

I really need this bag after seeing and handling hlfinn's recently (it is the PM, right?)
Can someone review what colors/leathers are possible? I have a lot of clemence so I think I'd like to try another leather...?evergrain...am afraid of swift...
I never thought much about this bag until I saw it IRL and now I am positively fixated after reading this thread and seeing the photos of CBK with it....

That was the effect this group had on me too, PEPPER. And I'm coveting a black Massai just looking at the pictures of HLFINN's. I'm sure I would have lost my mind if I'd seen it in person.

AFAIK, the Massai comes in swift, evergrain, clemence, and a toile/barenia combo pictured either here or in a Kellybag thread. Considering the floopiness of the bag, I wouldn't be shocked to run across an older one sometime in evercalf or even (crossing fingers here) barenia. This is just a slightly educated guess, not really based on serious expertise.

I have one in turquoise swift. I love it, but it's probably the only one I'll ever buy in swift. I don't so much mind that swift is a bit more delicate than clemence. I'm bothered by the fact that you can see the outline of all my stuff right through the side of the leather. The texture of clemence seems to prevent that phenomenon. I might try evergrain, though.

H's was a PM. I ended up buying PMs after I ordered a GM and it didn't work for me. The strap sat against my scapula and rubbed. It really hurt, so I passed. I love the looks of the GM, though.

And LOL about having my eye on your new baby, CHAMPAGNE! I periodically get emails saying "back away from the Massai on eBay." Totally cracks me up every time. At 5'6", you're right around the height of traceyd or SCL, so you should totally rock the GM. I'm so happy for you. The bag looked brand new on the listing. It's nice to know that last-seconds stuff arrives as beautifully as it is pictured. I've been dying to buy from them on more than one occasion. So exciting!!!!

Hello--Cerf!! OMG! Haven't seen it IRL in any bag...is it very delicate? Wow!
gga--I think I need evergrain. But of course if barenia crossed my path...good point about swift showing the outline of the contents. Thanks!

And to all those who felt that the one offered by last-seconds was a GM, the supreme Massai goddess stands corrected. Gotta get that lasik rechecked, I think.

hmmm.... 4 words are coming to mind....

yes, mine's a pm.

wow. never saw it in anything other than swift or clemence, would love to see evergrain. or cerf. though i don't know what that is. i'm skeered of swift so i stuck with clemence which i adore.

i've seen it in vert anis, raisin, orange, gold, black, indigo, graphite, rose dragee and i think that's it. for me irl at least. hth!

well let me tell you i would make you the general of MY army if you would pay me that much.

ok, fine. for you a special. 6500 and all of my love. how's that? my love alone is worth about 30 bucks.

The Massai is such a great alternative to a trim bag. I love them, they look so elegant and people always ask what kind of bag it is because it has such an unusual shape. A great bag!