Anyone own the YSL Chyc Cabas Tote???

PrincessBoa

Apr 7, 2008
Hi,

I'm really torn between getting the YSL Medium Taupe Chyc Tote (older model - right before they changed to Saint Laurent) or the newer SAINT LAURENT CABAS CHYC MEDIUM LEATHER SHOPPER in blue. :sad: I'm looking for a work bag and I'm afraid the older YSL might be too heavy?

To anyone who owns it- how do you find it?

Thanks

Reactions: emmababy
Hi,

I'm really torn between getting the YSL Medium Taupe Chyc Tote (older model - right before they changed to Saint Laurent) or the newer SAINT LAURENT CABAS CHYC MEDIUM LEATHER SHOPPER in blue. :sad: I'm looking for a work bag and I'm afraid the older YSL might be too heavy?

Thanks
I got the latter 3 months ago in Italy and I cannot be happier. The leather is pristine! And don't worry about it being heavy -- it's not. It's pretty much the same weight as a Balenciaga.

I got it in navy blue (not sure if that's what they call the color) but it's the darkest blue there is. Almost black. It looks super structured and sophisticated.

Hi,

Thanks

I've got the exact same model as the one you are eyeing, and the weight is absplutely not an issue. Do enjoy the bag!

I have the older medium Chyc model in python embossed leather which is heavier than the normal leather version. It's quite a light bag for its size. I think both the old and the new versions are similar as far as weight is concerned.