Anyone own more than 2 rolexes?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Is it silly to have lots of watches when you can only wear one at a time? It is not like pocketbooks or handbags which match a particular style/color outfit. Rolexes at least are a good investment cause they hold their value. But what number is too much? I have 2 - a ladies and a mid-size. Lately I've been admiring an air-king which I think is a little bigger than the mid-size. Part of me says - "I'm nuts" and I should get it out of my mind. The other part keeps looking at pictures of this watch and also trying on. What is your opinion?

2. I have 3. All ladies sizes: 2 datejusts and one yachtmaster. I also have a Cartier gents size roadster.

I switch my watches almost daily!

3. FlgirlFM - are your rolexes on a winder when not in use? What color faces are they?

4. I have two and am working on my 3rd. However, I have more watches than I care to admit here. I consider them like jewelry. I've got a couple of Cartiers, Franck Muller, a couple of Chanel, David Yurman, Chopard, and the list goes on. I usually switch my watch on a weekly basis.

5. ssc0619- Do you know which style will be your 3rd?

6. #6 Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    OMG - more than 2 rolex watches! I would love to be in that situation.

If it makes you happy - why not!

Vic Beckham has over 100 Hermes Birkins. So what. If it makes her happy! Power to her!

You only get 1 chance at life!

7. #7 Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    If you can afford it, more than 2 is fine!

These days I only buy pre-owned (v. reputable resellers, I have a couple), so I can get a few more than if new.

I have 6

Like sc, I have quite few more, ranging from Invicta to Movado to an old (bought it new in ~1996) Matelasse small Chanel, a Baume et Mercier, and a some others not $$$, not big name. I love watches more than jewelry! I pretty much switch watches daily.

8. I have 2 Rolexes and of course others as well

9. Yes, I keep mine on a winder when not in use.

My jubilee datejust is two tone, and has a gold dial
    My oyster datejust is two tone, and has a slate dial
    My Yachtmaster is also two tone, and has a dark blue dial

I also wear my husband's Seadweller now and again!

10. I'm probably in the minority here, but I have own only one Rolex. I made sure to select the one I loved to death and which I knew would make me happy for years to come (Ladies size solid white Gold DateJust, Presidential band /hidden clasp with a diamond bezel and dial). Having gotten my Rolex fix I moved on to acquiring other jewelry without wanting more watches.

11. i have a yellow gold daytona with black dial
    and my mom's vintage yellow gold oyster perpetual

i feel like a white gold rolex will complete the collection, though i do wear gold most of the time, i need a watch that will match silver.

12. I used to have a problem with owning more than one watch. To me, it seemed excessive. But I have no problem with lots of earrings, necklaces, rings, shoes, purses, etc. So my concern seems a bit illogical.

I always swore I would never have more than one watch and I had just my Cartier quartz and I wore it every day. With a black strap and white face, it went with everything and I was very happy. But one day I started dreaming of Rolex and I could not let it go. Now I have a WG ladies size Rolex and I love both of my watches. I wear the Rolex for two days and the Cartier on the third day. This schedule keeps the Rolex running.

Will I ever buy another watch? Not an expensive one, maybe a costume jewelry one. I would feel bad if I could not keep my automatic running with enough wear time.

13. I thought I did, but am back to the drawing board. I wanted a date (34mm--I like big!)--stainless and yellow gold with diamond markers. BUT, I found out the date doesn't come in the two toned. I had originally thought I would get the datejust 36mm, but am afraid it is too big! I don't know why because I have some huge watches (I've got a 43mm Maurice LaCroix--it is a monster)!!

These are the two I have now.. the pearlmaster was meant to be a very dressy looking watch, and the other a casual knock around style that I got pre-owned.

[​IMG]

14. What do you think of air-king? I believe it is 34mm. I already have a 2-tone ladies for dress and an ss mid-size for everyday. I also have a white plain 38mm J12. I was dreaming last night about a black 33mm j12 with diamond markers or an air-king. I just don't know if I want a 4th automatic watch. At least the 33mm j12 is quartz.

15. i love the airking and im eyeing the 34 with diamond markers and roman #. its casual but yet it has a bit of bling to it. im considering the one with pink face and SS oyster band. the dial btw, is fluted.