Anyone own fine jewelry pieces from LV?

love86

O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
hi. i had a bag with some quailtiy issues so got store credit for about 4500. i actually dont have any bags i want at the moment and was thinking maybe i will purchase a fine jewelry piece. probably a bracelet... i like the blossom or lockit collection... does anyone own pieces from these collection? and how do you like it? i never purchased fine jewelry pieces from lv before.mainly i just never thought they are worth the pricetag but these collections are really appealing as far as looks go... any thoughts will be appreciated. thank u.Screenshot_20170226-102405.png Screenshot_20170226-102450.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170226-102510.png
    Screenshot_20170226-102510.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_20170226-102640.png
    Screenshot_20170226-102640.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 296
I don't own any LV fine jewelry, but I LOVE the diamond blossom bb bracelet. The lockit bracelet doesn't seem worth it to me, at that price. It is more than some of the basic Cartier Love bracelets!

Reactions: j19
I have a yellow gold and diamond Empriente pendant that I got 5 years ago as a 10 year anniversary present that I still love and wear almost every single day. It has held up incredibly well and I still get compliments on it to this day (I do want to mention that we did buy a longer and slightly thicker chain from LV to replace the thinner chain it came with).

The Lockit bracelet looks absolutely gorgeous! Have fun choosing your piece.

thank u so much for the thoughts! i am going to go see them in real person tomorrow. glad to know lv fine jewelry holds up well over time! i love the lockit but it is priced pretty high so i am going to have to see it in real person to decide . cartier love bracelet is gorgeous too but way too many of those seen on people... including my sisters lol. so i want something simple but a little different:smile:

hi there, ive searched everywhere but couldn’t find any details regarding fine jewelry repair services at LV. Does anyone know if they offer polishing services or repair services? I have a vintage 18k gold necklace from them that needs some polishing but I can’t find any info. I’m afraid to wear it too much because I don’t know if they offer repair if it breaks or something. Thank you kindly if you could help out!!

I recently bought my mom a necklace (5 months ago) and the clasp has broken (jump ring was pulled open). I don’t think it’s a defect since my mom could honestly destroy a tank without blinking an eye, but would they still repair this for us? Has anyone had experience with wait times and what they might charge?

5E379380-A966-4DD3-B8A1-C4C02A0B6E51.jpeg

I'm sure I remember someone here having a necklace repaired some time ago. I would contact client services or take it into the store if you're near one. I don't know how likely it would be that they would fix it for free, but I'm almost certain they could repair it for a fee.

Reactions: Loriad
Hi ladies I need your opinion on LV fine jewelry. I'm currently interested mostly in the bracelets. Do you think it is worth it?

Just a brief background. Most of my jewelry are from Effy and Gucci and have always purchased below retail. Going into higher end brand like LV is going to be a quite a step for me in price just like when I got my first bag so quite unsure if I should jump in. I'm used to getting a carat of diamond per $1000 when I shop for my Effy pieces. Of course the quality and color of the diamonds in LV is higher. Putting aside the brand value itself, it is coming up at 10 to 15x more. Most pieces are barely a quarter carat.

Looking at resale value, it seems like they don't hold up as well. Not that I am going to sell. However I always have it at the back of my mind that just in case I'm in a pinch I can offload and not lose much or actually hopefully gain some profit. I know that for the most part if you sell jewelry they usually take it by the weight of gold. How much prominence does it hold compared VCA, Cartier, etc? Am I better off buying from these other brands who are famous as being a jewelry house?

There is also a part of me that says, why not just enjoy it? The design from LV is their own and will not find somewhere else. Should I just buy second hand too?

I appreciate you taking the time to read until this point. :smile: Anyway please share your thoughts and perhaps your experience as well.

I have a few LV fine jewelry and I have Cartier , Tiffany ,Chopard etc too. I have never thought of their resale value, I only know their prices keep increasing, a bracelet that I bought last year is 13.x % more expensive now. So I would say if you like it, just buy and wear it and enjoy it , don’t think about resale value.
They don’t sell their jewelry base on gold weight etc because all sizes of a sane design are same price. One more point I would like to add is LV gives complimentary (FOC) adding of gold chain up to 4cm ( if I’m not mistaken, about the length) .

I do not own any LV fine jewelry but I do not doubt the craftsmanship of LV fine jewelry. Even though they are not a jewelry house, I'm sure their pieces are of great quality. Of the reviews I see online, I have not seen any big issues or consistent complaints.

Having said that, however, when I compare the prices of LV fine jewelry to a fine jewelry house, like Bvlgari or Cartier, I personally think they are overpricing their items. :-s
I understand that luxury jewelry houses already overprice their jewelry but LV feels like it goes over that :doh:.

It's a bit hard to compare since they are different designs and (I don't know the gold difference by weight) but there are similar pieces.
For example, the LV empreinte ring in YG is $2000 USD while the Cartier Love ring in YG is $1820 USD. Not that much more I guess but there's also tax too.
The LV volt YG wedding band, is $1800 while the Cartier Love YG wedding band is $1170. And both of those are thinner/smaller bands, but now there's a more significant price difference.

Considering those prices, I personally would rather buy from a jewelry house than a fashion house for fine jewelry.

For any fine jewelry (unless it's high jewelry or part of a special collection) I would NOT consider how much I want an item based resale value. Nothing used will hold up as well as we like. If there are any scratches or sign of wear, you can bet a classic piece will drop 10-15%. Especially with many of the popular pieces being on the resale market, the higher supply is not going to help with the resale value. It's probably better to buy something you know you'll love for a lifetime (or at least a very long time).

Regarding diamonds, especially tiny diamonds, like pave diamonds, which do not have any GIA certification, I would not think that LV diamonds are that much better than your local jewelry store or any fashion house/luxury jewelry house. Of course, the quality will not be bad, they are cut well are sparkle beautifully but it's not that significantly better, especially with the naked eye, IMO. Take a look at David Yurman pave diamonds or small set diamonds, also beautiful, but much more affordable. There's not much difference to me when I look at them.
Also, keep in mind, pave diamond pieces for luxury brands, like Cartier, depreciate in value greatly on the resale market. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/sell-or-keep-cartier-pave-love-ring.1047018/
When you get to bigger diamonds, of course, that's a different story. :P

But, LV definitely has its own iconic style and look. And if that's what speaks to you, then it's worth it to you. :smile: