Anyone own Both Neverfulls (MM & PM), or just the PM? I need your help.

MyPandaxox

Jan 19, 2015
I own the Neverfull MM and measured the handles, so from the tip of the strap insertion (on the canvas) to the tip of insertion it's 23 1/2 inches. Basically, the full length of the strap is 23 1/2 inches long. Measuring from the TOP of the canvas to the tip of the strap (if I hold it dangling from my thumb) is 7 3/4 inches.

I'd like to give the PM a shot just to knock around...probably pre-loved. The length of the shoulder strap is very important to me. Some shoulder straps are too short, and that's a deal breaker for me.
I need your help in measuring the way I measure the strap because that will give me a proper feel for the length of the strap on the NF PM. I used a sewing measuring tape because it's flexible.

I would love if someone with both NFs (MM & PM) would compare the straps for me, or someone with the PM could hold the bag upright by the strap and measure from the top of the canvas to the middle point of the strap the way I measured it. Thanks in advance.

I own the Neverfull MM and measured the handles, so from the tip of the strap insertion (on the canvas) to the tip of insertion it's 23 1/2 inches. Basically, the full length of the strap is 23 1/2 inches long. Measuring from the TOP of the canvas to the tip of the strap (if I hold it dangling from my thumb) is 7 3/4 inches.

I'd like to give the PM a shot just to knock around...probably pre-loved. The length of the shoulder strap is very important to me. Some shoulder straps are too short, and that's a deal breaker for me.
I need your help in measuring the way I measure the strap because that will give me a proper feel for the length of the strap on the NF PM. I used a sewing measuring tape because it's flexible.

I would love if someone with both NFs (MM & PM) would compare the straps for me, or someone with the PM could hold the bag upright by the strap and measure from the top of the canvas to the middle point of the strap the way I measured it. Thanks in advance.
I don't have precise measurements off the top of my head but I remember my mom, who's 4'9ish btw, trying on the PM and MM and that the PM's handles are noticeably shorter (roughly 2" shorter which is quite a bit for a shoulder bag IMHO). It was a deal breaker for her and she ultimately went with the MM for comfort and practicality.

Are you wanting to wear the PM as a shoulder bag?

I love my NF MM, and the straps are perfect for me, but sometimes I would like a smaller version ( I think), because I don't carry that much anymore. I'm going to be overhauling my closet sometime this year....

I would like to wear it on the shoulder.

I am of a smaller frame but have been working out so the shoulders may be a little solid. Arrgh, I get so frustrated when I cannot find a bag closer to my needs. This is why I was thinking pre-loved, just in case I have to sell it off. I'm conflicted. Selling it seems like a chore....lol

I love my NF MM, and the straps are perfect for me, but sometimes I would like a smaller version ( I think), because I don't carry that much anymore. I'm going to be overhauling my closet sometime this year....

I would like to wear it on the shoulder.

I am of a smaller frame but have been working out so the shoulders may be a little solid. Arrgh, I get so frustrated when I cannot find a bag closer to my needs. This is why I was thinking pre-loved, just in case I have to sell it off. I'm conflicted. Selling it seems like a chore....lol
What about a Totally pm?http://www.simplyluxuryvintage.com/... N41280 Totally PM Damier Azur images (1).JPG

I own a Neverful MM in DE and a PM in DA. I bought the PM in DA to use as a super casual tote-style purse for the spring and summer. I really love it - it's fun to carry.

I measured both my MM and PM. Measuring from the top of the canvas to the tip of the strap (if I hold the bag dangling as you did,) the MM was closer to 8 inches and the PM was 7 inches.

I'm 5' 1" and can wear it over my shoulder but it definitely doesn't have the drop of a shoulder bag like a Totally pm.

I enjoy carrying both the NF MM and PM but use them for different purposes. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you all so much! ...7 inch drop may work because the straps are narrow. I have an older Burberry tote that has a 7" drop, with thicker straps and it doesn't stay on my shoulders well. I noticed that , for me, thicker straps fall off my shoulders.

I'm going to take my time. I think that when you acquire so many bags, you become picky. Currently, I'm in this mood to just have a knock around, small, light bag to grab and go. I don't want to baby it, and I want to be ok with just throwing it out after a rough use ;)

Thanks, again ;)

I have 4 Neverfulls, one of which is a PM. I think of the PM as a purse and the other three as totes. I use my PM often in the Spring and Summer. It fits easily over my shoulder. I'm 5 ft tall and 95lbs if that helps. I find it's a piece that fulfills a need in my purse wardrobe.